Dr. William Tobler MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Cincinnati, OH

February 25th, 2017
Excellent Care & Treatment by Dr. Tobler
Dr. Tobler and his staff consistently exceeded my expectations with my care. I have been a patient of Dr. Tobler’s since April of 2016. He performed an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion on C3-C7, with an Iliac Crest Bone Graft in July 2016. He most recently performed Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Decompression in February 2017. The pain that I suffered with both conditions virtually disappeared after each surgery. In fact, I was able to resume golf in late October, just 4 months after the ACDF. Dr. Tobler thoroughly explained everything that was involved with both surgeries, from start to finish. Additionally, his staff in his office and at the Mayfield Surgery Center were always available whenever I called with questions. The follow-up care by Dr. Tobler for both surgeries has been exemplary. He always spends more than enough time on all of my appointments to evaluate my status. I found him to be a very patient and caring Surgeon, and would highly recommend him.

November 6th, 2016
Pain Free !
Words can’t fully express how thankful I am to Dr.Tobler and the staff at the Mayfield Center and Christ Hospital. Because he was willing to go beyond the call of duty, taking my very unusual, difficult, complicated and risky case, I am now able to live life to the fullest. His exceptional knowledge and experience are second to none. I highly recommend Dr. Tobler to anyone with spinal cord problems.

November 4th, 2016
Phenomenal surgeon!
I have had four experiences with Dr. Tobler: one surgery last week, one in 2009, and my mother had brain surgery in 2002 ad back surgery prior to 2000. Dr. Tobler has an excellent bedside manner. He is kind, relates well to his patients of all ages, and with family members. His surgical skills and diagnosis are exceptional. He has a great office staff and is well respected by all.

July 2nd, 2016
There are a few occasions in my life when a doctor has made a huge impact on my health and well-being. Such is the case with Dr. William Tobler. In May, I underwent cervical spine surgery at Mayfield’s Spine Surgery Center. The care was amazing from start to finish. Dr. Tobler is an incredible surgeon – conscientious and thoughtful - and I am so grateful that he accepted my case. For the first time in over two years, I have hope that I will actually have a full recovery and live without pain!

January 7th, 2016
Fantastic results with Dr. Tobler
Dr. Tobler is a knowledgeable and compassionate. He performed spinal fusion on me six weeks ago, prior to surgery I could barely walk to my car after work. I can now walk 3-5 miles pain free! Dr. Tobler is the first Dr. that could explain why I was having pain and how he could correct it, and he did just that. Thanks to him I have my life back,

October 12th, 2015
dr. Tobler is very kind and he is good at what he does. Working with his staff is a nightmare. I don't know if that's at his direction or not. I called with questions a few times before and after spinal fusion and was automatically given the cookie cutter answer of everybody is different. My questions never reached the doctor. I saw him at my pre-op consult and about 20 seconds before I went under for surgery, if not for that I would not be sure that the man even exists.

October 1st, 2015
My experience with Dr. Tobler was excellent. I am a RN, and I have high expectations for physicians and healthcare providers. Dr. Tobler diagnosed and treated my spinal stenosis with surgery, L4-L5 spinal fusion. The surgery was an outpatient procedure and my recovery was remarkable. I feel strongly that Dr. Tobler's extensive experience with the procedure and my diagnosis led to my outstanding outcome, as well as thorough follow-up care. I am now pain free and functioning without any restrictions. He treated me with professionalism and respect, was always pleasant, and explained my diagnosis and treatment plan thoroughly. Thanks to Dr. Tobler and Mayfield Clinic and surgery center staff. I could not be any more satisfied.

August 25th, 2015
Terrible!!!!
I saw Tobler today, I waited over 2 hours for him. Spent another 45 min in the room. He comes in and I start a break down of what's going on. A rn comes in and tells him there's a call. He leaves for 20 min then comes back and says I need to see a back person. Duh! Then says maybe later on I can do surgery. I walk out and he's setting up appt for me to get shots in my back. I ask the nurse how long it will take and she said she other place will call me in a couple days! I chuckled, Tobler says well I'm not sure what your looking for. I said an appt that's what I'm looking for. Hes terrible, has no compassion. My mom saw him years ago and recommended him she went with me through the whole things. She looked at me in the car and said oh my god I will never see him again. Even a past patient was left with a bad taste in her mouth She didn't know what to say and that my friends is a feat to stun my mom with no words. Good luck!

September 25th, 2014
One Amazing Doctor!
Dr. Tobler is definitely worth waiting for! It takes a while to get in initially because he's so busy. And he's so busy because he's so good! He was very patient with me; monitored me every two months for over a year until I was ready for surgery and the MRI results indicated there was really no other option. I had stopped my walking and found it difficult to stand for more than a few minutes. Today, two weeks after surgery, I have no difficulty in either walking or standing. And I can drive. His hope is that, by six weeks after surgery, I should be able to walk three miles a day! This afternoon, the Occupational Therapist said that I was "(Literally) the only patient who has ever met every single one of her goals". Professionals who have looked at the incision have been amazed at how perfect it looks. This morning, when I went in for my two-week check up, I asked If I could give him a hug. He has given me the opportunity to resume an active lifestyle. Sometimes the wait in the waiting room is long, but then you realize that's because he gives the same undivided, caring attention to every patient he sees. I would (and already have) recommend him to anyone who asks. Thank you, Dr. Tobler!

May 23rd, 2014
Dr Tobler successfully achieves excellent surgical results with even extremely difficult cases. His surgical skill is matched by his kindness and compassion. I would recommend him without hesitation.

May 14th, 2014
Dr. Tobler gave me my life back - twice
I had a childhood fall that resulted in scoliosis from an uneven L5 compression fracture. In '96 Dr Tobler did an L4-5 discectomy / laminectomy that kept me active until '11, when the disc degeneration was bad enough that the vertabrae would displace when I was standing or walking for more than 2 minutes - resulting in immobilizing leg pain. I went back and Dr. Tobler was very thorough, doing all the diagnostics necessary and prescribed an L2-5 fusion. The surgery was long but successful, and I'm now healing. My minor topical numbness from the surgery is residing, but my legs are very strong and fully functional and my back does not hurt. I have been walking up to 6 miles a day and I try to be thankful for every pain free step that this Dr has given me. I should say I don't mind waiting to see him, because he's very likely being thorough and helping someone else get their life back. He's well known as a top flight surgeon in this region and consults frequently. I'll feel very lucky that he worked with me.

May 7th, 2014
Exempary neurosurgeon
Bill Tobler is part of the Mayfield Clinic group at Christ Hospital. He personally was very patient friendly and professional, taking as much time as needed to understand symptons and give a diagnosis. I was very reticent to have spinal surgery; had heard too many horror stories. Dr Tobler and his PA, Jody, carefully explained the diagnosis, possible treatment plans and risks. I chose the laminectomy surgery, with an overnight stay. The pain and trembling were gone immediately after surgery, I could walk and stand normally, and now after six weeks am fully recovered. Terrific team at Mayfield, and Dr. Tobler in particular.