A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Torkildsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Torkildsen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Torkildsen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Torkildsen graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Dr. Torkildsen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Valley Baptist Medical Center-Brownsville
- Harlingen Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Torkildsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William H. Torkildsen practice?
Dr. William Torkildsen practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Harlingen, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Port Isabel, TX and Los Fresnos, TX.
See Harlingen Internists, Harlingen Cardiologists, and Harlingen Critical Care Practitioners.