Rheumatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  too good to be true  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2014

I was a patient of this doctor years ago. When I first started with him I was on way too much medication and I give him kudos for helping me get off of many unneeded meds but he was also convinced that I did not have the disease that I had been diagnosed with and he took me off of the disease modifier that I was taking when I began going to him. Long story short it turns out that I did have this disease and I have not been lucky enough for it to go back into remission since that time. What made the whole thing even worse was that from the time he misdiagnosed me until I finally quit the practice he treated me very shabbily. I honestly feelike that he hated to see me come in the door because all he could see was his "mistake"! He had an awful attitude and was so obviously relieved when I finally said that I thought maybe it was time for he and I to part ways! It might have been funny had it not just been so very sad.

Oct 3rd, 2013

I CAME TO THIS WEBSITE BEFORE I EVER SAW DR TRUSLOW BECAUSE I WANTED TO READ REVIEWS...AFTER READING SOME OF THE REVIEWS I WAS VERY NERVOUS ABOUT SEEING HIM. SOME OF THE COMMENTS ARE WAY OFF BASE! HIS STAFF HIS PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. HE IS VERY WELL ROUNDED AND THOROUGH. HE ASKED SEVERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS I WOULDN'T HAVE OTHERWISE REMEMBERED TO TELL HIM. I SOMETIMES GET SIDE TRACKED AND START TALKING ABOUT OTHER THINGS NOT RELEVANT AND HE WILL ASK ME A QUESTION TO GET ME BACK ON TRACK WITHOUT BEING RUDE OR INTERRUPTING ME LIKE MOST OTHER DOCTORS DO. HE SPENT OVER AN HOUR WITH ME ON MY FIRST VISIT AND HAS SPENT ALMOST 30 MINUTES PER VISIT THE LAST 2 TIMES I'VE BEEN IN. IF I WOULD'VE LET THE REVIEWS ON THIS WEBSITE STEER ME AWAY FROM GOING TO SEE HIM, I'D HAVE TRULY MISSED OUT ON A WONDERFUL DOCTOR WITH AWESOME STAFF...AND I WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE HURTING WITH NO ANSWERS TO MY PROBLEM. I'M GLAD I CHOSE TO SEE HIM DESPITE THE NEGATIVITY ON THIS SITE!

|  I wouldn't take my pet to this Doctor  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2013

I was recommended by another Doctor to see this Dr. Truslow about my back and neck. What a mistake in my going. This Dr. took X-rays of my hands and knees then ask questions over and over ( guess he was hard of hearing or hoping I would answer differently each time he repeated a question). Sorry Doc but they are not my back and neck! Then he had the gall to tell me there was nothing wrong with me except that I was morbidly obese (I am over weight, but not morbidly obese) and that if I had insurance he would sign me up right now to have gastric bypass surgery right away. Then he said I could get dressed and leave. Oh and he gave me a rubber jar opener! All that for $350.00. Oh and when I asked him about my back and neck, he said "I do not know the answer to your question." Don't waste your hard earned money going to this guy.

|  gout  |  show details
by keith dunlap on Feb 15th, 2013

i have been seeking help for the gout for serval months from 4 other doctors. without succses. Dr truslow took well over an hour to examine me where other doctor took 10 minutes and gave me a hand full of presctipion with no luck. Iam very peased and thankful to the office personnel. They made me feel more like a patient and friend instead of a number also 3 days after my appointment i was gout free without a hand full of meds.

Jul 5th, 2012

I have been seeing D. Truslow for 12 years, and I have found him to be competent, caring and professional.

|  Wonderful, caring doctor  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Dr. Truslow has been my rhumatologist for almost 20 years. I have OA, RA,and gout. He and his staff have always been very professional, kind and caring. He considers your overall health and well being before prescribes any medications and follows up with blood work, additional visits and/or phone calls as appropriate.

|  Thanks!  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2011

Dr. Truslow has been my doctor for almost 10 years. He has been great through each small and larger crisis that I have had.

|  Setting the record straight  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

I am the office manager for Dr. William Truslow and feel that it is very unfair that this website gives patients a platform to write reviews that turn into personal vendettas. The unflattering reviews that have been made available are all from the same patient that did not have the disease that that they declared that they had and they also did not get prescriptions for the narcotics that they demanded. This website does not verify if claims are true or false. They also do not allow rebuttals. This is left for the reader to determine. The patient in question was also treated for free. Dr. Truslow supports several local foundations that try to find care for indigent patients. It is like biting the hand that feeds you. Our crime was diagnosing the patient correctly and not prescribing unnecessary drugs. I am writing this review so that any future readers can be warned to go to a reliable website for doctor ratings. Dr. Truslow is rated at the highest rate that United Healthcare assigns. This is assigned after a review of his work. It is not based on subjective opinions of angry people that did not get what they wanted. Contact your insurance carrier to find a quality physician referral or consult your primary physician. Thank you, Mary

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

I have now seen Dr Truslow several times. I have gout, which is painful and sometimes hard to diagnose, but he hand his staff always make me feel comfortable and work hard to get me an appointment when I have a flare. Flares are very unpredictable and they have gotten me in on a moments notice on multiple occassions. Dr Truslow is very detailed and looks at my overall health condition, taking into consideration other health problems I have. He asks lots of questions to get as much detail as possible in order to make the correct diagnosis. At first I was in denial that I had gout and wasn't completely honest with him about how and when I took my meds or what foods I ate, but I have now become compliant and realize that he was only helping me. His staff is very kind and has knowledge that has helped me, specifically with insurance issues. Both Crystal and Mary take the time to explain and help me understand my benefits. My experience with this office has been nothing but wonderful!

|  Don't believe what disgruntled patient's comments  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

My visit to Dr. Truslow's office was a very pleasant experience (as pleasant as a doctor's office visit can be). The office staff was very professional and informative and courteous. I had to wait for about 20 minutes to be seen but the Dr. spent over an hour of time with me. Not many doctors spend that much time with you or listen to the whole story like Dr. Truslow. My problem is ambiguous at this point and no one seems to be able to specifically know what it is. I cannot fault the doctor for this since no one has been able to tell me exactly what is going on.I cannot believe the other review that speaks rudely about Crystal at the front desk. She is a beautiful young woman that is very professional and friendly. The person that wrote that sad message must have difficulties that would explain their sour disposition and general dislike of life and people. Very sad.

|  Don't waist your money or time!!!  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

The receptionist was unprofessional as well as the doctor. She is also very rude. I saw this Dr several times before I realized he was a COMPLETE waste of my time and money. My condition was already diagnosed by another Dr., Dr. Truslow as supposed to help me treat this condition, which he did not. My condition actually got worse because he could not get it under control. He repeatedly tried prescribing medications that I had already tried for my condition, that were in previous notes that he obviously did not read. I had to keep telling him over and over that these medications did not work, EVERY visit. He tried to treat me as a standard case, which he probably does with every client that comes in. Not a specific case. I felt like a number. I read his doctors notes that he wrote about me, after I found another doctor. He was more worried about my physical appearance than my medical condition. VERY DISTURBING!! He is all about nutrition, which is great, but he needs to be concerned about the medical condition. People are not coming to see a nutritionist; we are coming to see a medical doctor.

|  Experience appreciated  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

My visit was great. The staff was very welcoming and kind, as much as a doctor staff can be. The Dr. was knowledgeable, yet he did repeat questions. I recommend him as he is a good doctor in the field of rheumatology.

Jan 6th, 2010

Staff very rude, especially Office Manager (Doctor's wife). The Doctor seems not to care and just wants you in and out

|  Needs to go back to Med School  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2009

My overall experience with the office staff and Dr. was unbelievable. The receptionist, Crystal, has a one of a kind attitude and really made me uncomfortable. She is really fake and I found myself regreting that I was referred to the clinic. The Dr. was unwilling to fully listen to my problems and uncompliant to treat my condition. This overall is grounds for a medical malpractice case. I would not ever go see this Dr. again and hope he would care to learn from his mistakes. He would repeatedly asked me the same questions each week and I am not sure if he even read my files. I give this doctor the lowest grade as possible he aslo pawned me off to another specalist without a referral. Lesson learned here, check the reviews of doctors before you waste your money.