Dr. William Turek DO Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

April 3rd, 2011
this office is a mess and doctor's bedside manner needs work
This office was unbelievable. The staff was often rude. I tried to get a copy of my blood work 16 times both going in and requesting over the phone. I would come in when they said to get it and they could not find it. I asked staff a question and she snapped very rudely I don't have time for you. I have a relative in a medical field who does business with them and they told me "they're awful" they constantly lose things and I have to call repeatedly and resend things. Relative said they used to be nice and more competent but they changed staff." They overbook so long wait times. Would go to get results of tests done and they would not be able to find them to tell me results then took forever as they tried tracking them down despite knowing that was why I was coming in. Dr started out nice but got progressively ruder and ruder and sometimes made me cry. I think because they overbook and it stresses him out. Did not want to answer questions and would cut me off. Gave me dangerous medical advice that my son could not believe and said it was very irresponsible of him. Hard to get referrals. Did not seem to like it if a person had an opinion. Same for others on staff. The office seems to cater to people with no insurance, homeless and on Medicaid and this is great; however, I think maybe many of these people are so grateful to get any care and undereducated to the point they do no independent research that they are used to having patients do and agree with everything they say.I am not like that. I want a doctor more open to the patient's opinions and wishes, more up to date,having a good bedside manner and able to discuss things with them rather than going back to a doctor who acts like they did in the 70s--just do what I say. I think he has a good heart but the office is badly run and this leads to rudeness and being rushed and overburdened which affects his demeanor.Pluses--he seems to like children and they have a lab on staff. Have a sliding fee for those in need.

January 20th, 2015