Dr. William Vanhorn MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 16th, 2016
Self Employed
By far one of the smartest doctors I have had the pleasure of knowing and having treated me medically when others had failed.

August 1st, 2016
The most self centered person I know. Patients are strongly encouraged to view his DVD where he tells how smart he is! He spends less than 5 min.per pt. He doesn't have time to talk to pt or family. All he does is prescribe medicine. He had me on TOO much! I ended up in ICU with seizures due to too much med.!

September 18th, 2015
Great doctor
I saw this doctor in absense of my regular doctor and he actually took the time to talk to me unlike my regular doctor. We actually found that I was placed on a med I did not need and that was causing some severe side effects. He took me off of it and placed me on something way better and I couldn't have been more gracious. I would recommend anyone to see this guy. I wish he were my regular.

July 20th, 2015
Dr. Van Horn is my very favorite Dr. Since I've been seeing him I have not tried to take my life. Even though he has moved to Fort Mill I have followed him because I know he will still take good care of me. God blessed me with the best dr. ever!

May 2nd, 2015
Does Not Care about patients, just $$$
I never had an appt. in his office. I had the misfortune of him being my doctor as a pt. in The Lighthouse.

January 20th, 2015
I have been suffering from Severe Depression, Anxiety, etc for many years. I have seen many psychiatrists who were unable to help me. Dr. Van Horn immediately started me down a path which has been successful. I continue to see him to get everything right. He has been wonderful. Also, I love Crystal....she is awesome!!! Completely satisfied!!!

April 24th, 2014
The doctor has helped me immensely. I was very sick when I first came to see him. I am myself once again thanks to Dr. Van Horn. The staff is excellent.

March 29th, 2014
Miracle Worker
My Husband's primary doctor Dr. Philip Nicols referred my husband to Dr. Van Horn. My husband has been diagnosed with Cerebrovascular Disease and PTSD, with his flash backs and confusion states Dr. Van Horn has changed his outlook and his attitude. He is a miracle worker as far as we are concerned. No VA doctors would help, but Dr. Van Horn does and gives so much, with his care, and concern.

March 24th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
Over the past 25 years I have been to several Psychiatrists in 3 different states. Dr. Van Horn has helped me so much with my severe depression, sleeplessness and my constant back pain. His initial video stated facts about what you could expect from him during your visits and I happen to like that. I have been in talk therapy with meds for the full 25 years and I am so done with that. He states in his video that is not what he does and if you need talk therapy also the office will assist you in finding one. I found him to be sensitive to my medication and how it was working. Just by the questions I answered on the initial forms and his observations he knew exactly what type of of person I was and what my needs were. I think he is an amazing doctor and Crystal, the office manager, is the most organized, efficient and sweetest person I have ever known.

March 7th, 2014
wife of Ted Cooper
As a caregiver, has made my life so much easier by prescribing and tracking the affects of all the right meds for my husband who is in mid-late stage lewy body dementia.

February 20th, 2014
Dr Van Horn is the best Dr that I've found. I've had severe Depression since a child, being in hospitals and trying to commit suicide frequently. The depression was so bad no one could help me.Then I met Dr. Van Horn while in the hospital. He really listened to me, got me on the right meds and i haven't been in the hospital or tried suicide for 3 years.i really appreciate his kindness-he's the best!

January 24th, 2014
educator
The most memorable thing about my care from Dr. Van Horn is his expertise with medicine and mental illnesses. I have been seeking help for twenty years after having post partem with my first child of five. I have never been given the time, testing, and educational material that I received from Dr. Van Horn. If it was not for his expert medical advice I would be over drugged and have no quality of life. I am free of all suicidal thoughts and functioning on the highest level of mental health since I was twenty. You will never find a doctor that cares more about you as an individual. And on top of that he is thorough and hits the bullseye with medicine. My brain is clear and I am sleeping great and I have a great quality of life with my husband and children that range from 24 to 11 years of age. I am alive and truly living because of this amazing doctor. I highly recommend him to you if you want to live and live fully.