Dr. William Von Kaenel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 17th, 2016
very good doctor
I saw Dr. He two months ago and had a wonderful experience compared to other pain doctors I saw before. I have disc herniation and could not walk down the hall without pain in my leg. I was referred to Dr He by my family doctor who initially referred me to another pain doctor close to my home. However, the other doctor did not help me at all and also very rude. After I complained that to my family doctor. He gave me Dr He's contact. Even though it is a little bit far from where I live, I decided to give it a try as I cannot tolerate my pain any more. It was smooth to make an appointment. The doctor is busy, but the office staff squeeze me in on a late day appointment after I explained my situation. On the day of the visit, Dr He really listened to me and explained to me the MRI on the computer. She is very kind and patient and very knowledgeable. She provided me a few options to address my concerns. I decided to go with an epidural injection first which was done one week later. It worked well. I still feel very good now more than one month after the injection. I am grateful for her skills and both she and her staffs are very professional and polite.

September 27th, 2015
Great physician

July 28th, 2015
He worked wonders for me.
Doctor has done several procedures on me that have alleviate my pain, it is temporary but I can handle a yearly redo to keep those nerves from pinching.

July 7th, 2015
amazing thorough doctor I haven't had a follow up visit but I would imagine it will be as good as the main appt. I would definitely recommend to any one with a back issue

June 3rd, 2015
Great doctor!

May 22nd, 2015
God Complex
My worst doctor experience ever!

June 9th, 2013
I would highly recommend Dr.von Kaenel, He has a very busy practice for a reason because he tries to cure the source of the pain instead of masking it with a pill. He explains things well. My lower back pain is greatly reduced since having the radiofrequency procedure and I am able to move around and sit more comfortably.

June 7th, 2013
I can walk without pain
I have spinal stenosis and could not walk down the hall without pain in my leg and lower back. I was referred to Dr. von Kaenal because I wanted to try an alternative to surgery. He performed a MILD procedure that has worked wonders. I am grateful for his skills and both he and his staff are very professional.

April 27th, 2013
Disappointed
This is the most rude Doctor I have ever had the displeasure of going to. I will be complaining to my Doctor that referred me to him. He was rude and never allowed me to ask questions about my concerns. If I did pose a questions he treated me like I was a five year old and very extremely rude. I will never see this doctor again.

October 27th, 2012
Take time to understand him, He is Excellent at what he does.
Read some comments here about Dr. Von Kaenel being "difficult/irritating." Dr. Von Kaenel KNOWs what he is doing and is Excellent at it. He sees pain all day long and still has an upbeat attitude. I can see where some might be turned off by his behavior althougt it is not, he sometimes comes off as being flip. If YOU happen to be very good at what you do and a perfectionist... I think it might be hard to slow down and listen (he does listen) he just knows what he is doing and doesn't want to waste time on things that don't really matter. He always takes time to explain what he will be doing to you and how it works. After three years of no life, he has given me my life back. He is a good doctor.

December 5th, 2011
Skilled Doctor
Dr. von Kaenel resolved my chronic neck pain which occurred as a result of a traffic accident. I'm glad to be off the pain pills. He offers a series of outpatient procedures instead of surgery and in my case, a radiofrequency has worked for 7 months and I am able to move on with my life. I highly recommend this doctor.

November 30th, 2011
I could not be more pleased with my experience with Dr. von Kaenel as he is so compassionate and skilled. He is the only doctor to properly diagnose my problem and reviewed the recommended treatment using easy to understand visuals on his I-Pad. I highly recommend this doctor.