Dr. William Schwab Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Schwab?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. William Schwab?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 31st, 2013

I went in with a torn LCL, grade 1. Was told about 8 weeks for recovery. Spent weeks in Physical Therapy and was still in alot of pain with bruising in that area. Had a second MRI and was told it looked fine, not sure why I had the pain. Refered to another one of his associates. At that appt. I was told to buy a third brace and play with that and if that didn't help then maybe we should look at surgery. This is 4 months and a missed season of soccer later. I went and got a second opinion and am in the middle of injection for nerve pain which is helping. I was told by Dr. Schwab and his associate that this would not help. Probably because they do not practice this at their office. Sadly I have missed months of soccer that may have been avoided if other options other than just structure was focused on.

September 1st, 2010

Awful After Surgery Care - RUN!

My first appointment went well and I was very happy with the staff. Once my surgery was scheduled everything went downhill from there. I have had to wait 45 minutes upto an hour and a half every appointment since. The paperwork they gave me for post-op before surgery contradicted everything they told me to do. From time on crutches to bathing. I was sent home with Darvocet (I do not like Vicodin makes me ill) and was told I could take 1-2 every 4-6 hrs, the bottle said not to exceed 6 in a 24hr period. Well I was in alot of pain and I called for the vicodin that night. The oncall surgeon told me she would not call me anything else in that it was against the policy and that I would have to go the ER if I wanted something else. I told her I took 2 Darvocet one hour ago and she told me I could take 2 more. Well I called the pharmacist (and even talked to the nurse the next day) and both said NO! that I absolutely could not take that many in that short period due to the acetaminophen and the damage it would do. I luckily got a hold of my family doctor and she told me to take Motrin with it and called me in Celebrex as well - she saved me! She was not happy with the surgeons office at all. I called the next morning because it had been 12 hours on Darvocet and I was maxed about for my 24 hr period 2 every 4 hrs is 6 in 12hrs and I was not to take more then 6 in 24hrs. So happy to be sent home with so little help for pain!!! She said she could call me in Vicodin I said that it would make e vomit and she said that is my only choice that they will not use anything but Vicodin or Darvocet - well I made it through with the Celebrex thanks to my primary. I then had to cancel my followup and they told me I would have to wait a whole week and come in at 3wks then instead of 2. They were mad at me and said well I called and told them my suture had skin healing over it and it was red and infected they didnt call me back for 4 days (by then I had cut the knot myself and healed.) I finally went in yesterday for my 2wk (now 3wk) appointment. I waited 50 minutes just to have him walk in not even check out my knee movement or anything look at the xray and say looks good see you in 6 weeks. No directions, I never did get told when I can drive again, when I can go in a bath or pool or anything. He didnt even go to look at the suture to cut it - good thing I did. Absolutely awful and sickening patient care - save yourself and avoid Orthopedic Associates of Grand Rapids at all costs. They care about locking you in to get your money but after that you are on your own! Wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy!

June 11th, 2017