A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Hip Replacement Patient Education Read our hip replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Smith, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha.
Dr. Smith has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Alegent Immanuel Medical Center
- Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Walter Smith MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. William W. Smith practice?
- Dr. William Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. William Smith practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Omaha, NE.
See Omaha Surgeons.