Dr. William Welch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Welch?

Caring and Bedside manner

Posted on October 15th, 2017

Although this man seems to be a good surgeon- I don't know if my problems after my surgery are from my own bones breaking down or from an error during surgery- he is not a caring man, he is arrogant, rude and not very personable. He does not give straight answers when you ask him one.

Horrible!

Posted on September 14th, 2017

Should be sued for malpractice.

I recommend Dr. Welch to all. I would give him 10 stars if that many were available. OUTSTANDING!!

Posted on December 15th, 2016

Surgery was scheduled within 2 weeks of consultation with Dr. Welch. I walked in the hospital with pain that was with me 24/7 for several months. I walked out of the hospital with this constant pain GONE. The sore back muscles that followed the surgery were expected and all the proper pain medication was provided. This pain lasted less than 1 week.

Mr

Posted on November 30th, 2016

Over all a great expierence his staff is wonderful

Retired

Posted on September 2nd, 2016

I have a bacterial infection in my spine he wouldn't even give me any biotics he walked out of the room without explaining everything about the surgery he was so rude I could not take it I worked 32 years I am not on welfare and he was supposed to give me some kind of antibiotics so now I have to go to the board of Physicians and try to find a way or he's supposed to help sick people he was the rudest person I have ever met in my life and then also to find a lawyer

Posted on June 28th, 2016

I was in severe pain, depressed and nothing was working for me, pain management, epidurals etc. I was referred to Dr. Welch by my boss who is a physician also and whom has used Dr. Welch in the past. I had severe sciatica and ruptured disk from L3-S1 and Dr. Welch fixed me right up. My back feels so much stronger and the pain was gone instantly! Unfortunately I waited to long and developed Drop Foot which has gotten better with therapy. I would highly recommend Dr. Welch!

Waste of time.

Posted on June 9th, 2016

I believe this doctor is just way too full of himself. If it was his attempt at humor, I was told how lucky I was to see him as instead of lumbar surgery, I may need three surgeries on my brain, neck, and lower spine. Dumbfounded can't even describe how I felt when his first comment upon entering the consultation room to me was, "So how is your brain?" When he began to tell me how great he was he mentioned again how lucky I was to see him as he has children to put through college. No thanks, doc, they can go to school on someone else's dime, not mine. You will not see me for a follow up because I have no intentions of going through 2 more MRIs or ever seeing you again. Instead, I will go to get second opinion, or should I say an honest opinion from a reliable medical professional with the title of Neurosurgeon.

Just really bad- that's the best way to say it.

Posted on February 8th, 2016

The doctor was 2 hours late and complained that I was between him and his dinner. He was disrespectful talking about another one of my doctors. He was dismissive of my symptoms and did not have nor ask for a complete history. I really wish I had paid more attention to others' comments. I know surgeons are not the best with bedside manner but this doctor was just really lacking in many ways.

Posted on January 7th, 2016

Would never go back to him or recommend anyone to him

Posted on October 5th, 2015

Dr Welch perform my back surgery 4 weeks ago and I have spent everyday trying to come up with the right words to let him know how grateful I am to have been lead to him. This was my second back surgery, so I was more than a little anxious about having another surgery. He was straight to the point but what made me trust him most was the way he kept asking me what questions I had and the time he took to explain everything. I am pain free after three years. I am only sorry that I do not have the words to express my gratitude.

Posted on June 8th, 2015

A rock star among neurosurgeons

Posted on January 7th, 2015

Dr. Welch was a true blessing for me! I was diagnosed with Chiari 1 malformation in 1999. I was having severe headaches and would get nauseous and vomit with any physical activity. In Jan 2000 Dr. Welch performed surgery on my neck to fix the malformation and did a wonderful job! I have been headache free since and I'm so grateful that I went to him:) I hear stories all the time from people who have had Chiari 1 malformation fixed and had to go back and have multiple surgeries because it was not fixed properly. Thanks Dr. Welch!!! Hope you see this review!!