A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Wharton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Wharton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wharton
High Cholesterol Patient Education Your patient education guide for reducing high cholesterol (hypercholetserolemia) levels. HDL, LDL and triglycerides explained.Before Visiting Dr. Wharton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Wharton, FACC, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Wharton graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Wharton has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Highlands Cashiers Hospital Inc
- Mission Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William W Wharton FACC and MD is a male Internist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. William W. Wharton practice?
- Dr. William Wharton has 1 office location.
Dr. William Wharton practices Cardiovascular Disease near Asheville, NC.
See Asheville Cardiologists.