A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Whitfield:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whitfield
Hep C Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about Hep C and symptoms of this viral infection that affects the liver.Before Visiting Dr. Whitfield Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Whitfield, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitfield graduated from University Of Alberta Faculty Of Medicine And Dentistry, Edmonton.
Dr. Whitfield has 9 hospital affiliations:
- South Shore Hospital
- NSMC - Salem Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William A Whitfield MD is a male Internist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. William A. Whitfield practice?
- Dr. William Whitfield has 1 office location.
Dr. William Whitfield practices Gastroenterology near Lynn, MA.
See Lynn Gastroenterologists.