Dr. William Winkelmeyer MD Patient Reviews

2.6

June 13th, 2015
Friendly demeanor...
I had been seeing Dr. Winkelmeyer for more than 15 years. He was still doing internal medicine when I first started seeing him. He has a friendly demeanor that covers a high level of arrogance. He will not be wrong. My cholesterol went up 43 points in a year after he prescribed a particular blood pressure medication. Even though I wanted to discuss the cause of this increase, he blew off my concerns and only wanted to throw a statin at the problem. He seemed offended that I had reservations about taking a statin. My new primary saw the correlation between this medication and my cholesterol levels and changed my medication. In less than two months, my cholesterol levels dropped 51 points. Dr. Winkelmeyer's refusal to listen to me was doing real harm to me. Also, he is very out-of-date when it comes to treating thyroid disorder. He will only test TSH even though current literature indicates that TSH does not give the full picture of thyroid health and that T3 and T4 levels also need to be tested. When I requested these tests, he accused me of wanting to go into hyperthyroid status just to lose weight. I hadn't asked for a change in medication. I only asked for additional testing. How is any patient supposed to feel comfortable discussing their health concerns with a doctor who behaves like this?

February 11th, 2015
Have been going to Dr. Winklemeyer for many years and find him the best doctor I have ever been a patient of.

August 23rd, 2011
Given up on his patient
This doctor have given up on treat a patient. Has consitantly given the wrong information to the family. This doctor has failed to treat this patient with with a standard of care that any other doctor would. While the patient is very ill, the patient has not given up on living, but the doctor has given up on him.I would never recommend this doctor, even to someone I hate.