Dr. Willie Andersen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 4th, 2009
To ALL Women -- BEWARE!!
When I was referred to Dr. Andersen, I was told he had 30+ years' experience and was one of the best gyn oncologists around. Unfortunately for me, he also has a very casual relationship with the truth. Husband & I came prepared with written questions, every detail of info and concerns from the earlier MDs. He provided most of the answers we needed, but he did NOT keep his word. He failed to adequately protect me from DVTs as required by AMA and others, he butchered my body, he failed to give me enough input, advice, or referrals to get my DVT (major) resolved in any sort of timely fashion. Everything seemed to be cover-up. All excuses, all the time. when we asked why he did not prevent the DVT, he gave us a magazine article to read that he claimed was his justification. It doesn't even cover his choices...it says that high-risk patients (me) should be treated with drugs, etc. to prevent clots....just what he chose NOT to do, after promising he would as recommended by my referring MD. Never any info or assistance with follow-up or rerrals to specialists to fix what he caused. My body looks mutilated and it will require at least one more surgery to fix. He never gave us the pathology reports until 4 weeks post-op and then did not discuss them at all. He said he "had circled the important parts and to call with any questions". He never covered the fact that I had an additional tumor or that he failed to complete the surgery as planned (no given reason). Please do not use this MD...it's scary!!!

May 25th, 2009
Really AWFUL Care
Andersen was uncaring, ARROGANT, and dishonest. I am high risk & he promised to give meds to prevent clots & DID NOT. I developed huge clots. He promised to cut in a less-damaging manner & DID NOT, causing deformity, requiring reconstructive surgery. He was supposed to revove sentinal lymphs and DID NOT, leaving many questions. He offered zero care, service, or follow-up for these issues. He DID NOT cover the pathology at all, leaving many unanswered questions about the cancer. He was the manifestation of my worst fears & nightmares. Stay away!!

October 18th, 2014