Dr. Willie Fussell DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

April 19th, 2016
I was extremely nervous about having the injections in my back and with good reason. Dr. Fussell is one of the most uncaring doctors I have ever been to. It was my first time trying the injections (which did not help me in any way) and when he started the numbing injection, I winced and he very nastily told me that he could do it with no numbing medication if I would prefer. After he finished the injection, I was told to wait for 15 minutes and he would be in to check on me. After 45 minutes of waiting, I got dressed and out the door I went. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him or any doctor that treated me as poorly as he did. He has no bedside manner whatsoever! No human being should be made to feel the way that I felt when I left his office. I have a very high tolerance for pain and have been told that by several doctors so, no, I was not just being over sensitive.

September 25th, 2015
Great Experience
I have read all of the other reviews on this site and I did some research and I decided to go ahead and see Dr. Fussell. I am glad I did. I was concerned but since I work in the healthcare field I figured if I felt uncomfortable I would just leave. I never once felt uncomfortable in fact my appointment was quite enjoyable. I was thinking about the patient who was upset about the toolbox where the tools were kept and I thought to myself you know the hospital uses those as well they are just a different color. I think that people put a lot of focus on things that really don't concern them......like storage of expensive equipment in a container that is durable and has a lock on it. This site is for reviewing the doctor and his ability. I am also sure if the patient had asked why the things were stored in a tool box that is what they would have been told. Second the guy who was complaining about how he wouldn't give him meds you know he is a osteopathic physician and they focus on alternatives to medication right? And you have to wonder why doesn't he go to where he was getting his medicine before? I just think that people hide behind the internet to bash but he has helped far more people than you realize and those reviews can really prevent someone from getting the help that they need. Also I have to praise his staff. While I was there I heard many not nice things said to them and they still carried on no problem. I thought to myself I have only been here for a half hour and the things that I heard people say to them I would be embarrassed to say myself. I don't know how they do it and maintain a friendliness. In a time where drugs are such an issue and there is actually someone who is trying to fix the problem as opposed to covering it up this office is a breath of fresh air. Anyway that is my valid 2 cents. I hope people read it and stop complaining.

January 7th, 2015
patient
I had been having severe pain in my low back and leg for years. A friend had recommended me to Dr. Fussell and I was unsure about needles. Dr. Fussell talked to me about all my options and I decided to go thru with it. I have been totally pain free for weeks and I highly recommend him. Also the entire time I was there from the initial phone call to schedule to the moment I left after my injection the staff was great. They were well informed and caring, which you don't see alot these days in offices. If anyone ever asks me about a place to go I always tell them Dr. Fussell's office. My life has completely changed since I got those injections and I will never hesitate to have more when I need them.

July 31st, 2014
horrible experience
Dr Russell was condescending at first sight. He stated at his laptop while telling me he'd heard all the "stories" before about pain and he wasn't giving me any pain pills. He offered numerous injections for pain even tho he didn't believe my pain. Dumb. He. Is one grubbing rude man..who wears alligator shoes and is uncaring about people with elegitate pain. I'd Never recommend him.

December 5th, 2013
I did not like the fact that one of the staff was talking about how machine that guides the needle in just had the cord fixed and that the picture was still fuzzy and the tech was to come back in a couple days.. The other thing that I did not like was that he stored all of the equipment in a craftsman tool chest I am not a car.

July 15th, 2012
Ver well trained Staff and excellent care.
I was very leary of the injections at first, yet found myself looking forward to the next. Pain is diminished. Dr. Fussell is very easy going and spent a good bit of time talking to me and answered all my concerns. A+