Dr. Willie Richardson Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Fort Lauderdale, FL

3.0

June 17th, 2015
Couple of yrs ago, I had a spot on my nose that was basil cell. Dr Richardson said he would do Mohs surgery. Come to find out he didn't, but charged for it, and the basil cell came back! I had to go to a real dr who did MOHs, ended up having plastic surgery, very traumatic, would not recommend him for skin cancer

February 8th, 2013
Very nice doctor and staff. Much nicer and quicker to take care of problems than the last doctor I visited. Also treated husband and he was very happy, too.

November 13th, 2012
Awesome
As a new patient, the staff was very warm and friendly. Doctor Richardson is extremely knowledgable; and very professional and welcoming. I was treated great and will definately return for any future dermatological needs!

April 5th, 2012
dont waste your money
The Dr recommend two procedure for me one being laser and the other The ultrasound face life - I spent over $7000 with this Dr and got nothing but a big bill - I work very hard for my money and trusted someone that sold me nothing more then blue sky. Lesson learned. research , research , research !!

February 17th, 2012
Misdiagnosis - Irresponsible practices - AVOID!!!
After being told I would have to wait for 3 weeks to see the Doctor, I became concerned about a spot on my skin and asked for an earlier appointment. I was told they had a cancellation so I went in. I filled out paperwork, then waited for a long time (25 minutes) to see (who I thought would be) the Doctor, I was led to a room. A young lady appeared and asked me additional questions (medical history, etc, ...much the same info I filled out when I got there) I thought this was the Doctor, but she left, saying "someone will be here shortly". After waiting again, someone did come in but it was not the Doctor, it was a PA. I advised the PA regarding my concern (having had a basel cell before). She did a quick check of my body and said "looks ok" (??!!) and then gave me a long medical name for the spot on my face. She advised me it was not cancerous and proceeded to freeze it off. I asked her if she "was sure", she said yes but to return if it gives me any more trouble. Fast forward 3 months, after a less than positive experience at Dr. Richardson's (and a continued suspicion that this was indeed a basel cell) I went to another Doctor. The diagnosis (after testing)? Basel cell requiring MOHS surgery. I'll see how things go at this point but I'm considering looking into taking additional action regarding my initial visit, clear unprofessionalism and misdiagnosis. Dermatologists are potentially dealing with peoples lives. Sending a PA in to do a doctor's work is unacceptable, especially when the PA's diagnosis was not only decided upon quickly, but was dangerously incorrect. Avoid this office at all cost!!! It's not worth the cost of a misdiagnosis, much less the additional cost to your insurance.

September 13th, 2011
Make an Appt with a doctor and see a nurse
I made a new patient visit with Dr Richardson and was incredibly shocked and disappointed to see his PA walk in and see me. I never got to see the doctor and my entire visit was completed by this glorified nurse. This is so unprofessional I don't even have words to express how angry this makes me. I understand sometimes you have to see PA's for follow-up visits when things are going well and all you need is a refill, etc., but there is absolutely NO excuse for having a PA see a patient for their first visit, NONE. I will be writing a letter to my insurance company detailing my visit and asking them not to pay this doctor since he did not care for me and I will be making an appointment with a doctor who cares.

August 6th, 2010
Mark C.
His office staff is always kind, not your typical ghetto unprofessional staff with zero customer service skills. You are treated like you are checking into a hotel! They offered me tea or water! The office itself is quite nice, with a warm, but modern feel. I particularly like going there because it is not like your typical stuck in the 70s decor, with an ageing wrinkled 50-60 something doctor trying to sell me cosmetics. Dr. Will is very honest and skilled at what he does. They also have electronic charts. Very cool :)So if you are looking for a Modern practice that has it together-go there.

February 8th, 2009
Dr. Richardson is by far the most professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate Dermatologist I have encountered. I would recommend him to anyone.

October 3rd, 2008
Attitude.
I went in the office looking for accutane. He gave me benzoyl peroxide wash. I could of come up with that myself. I guess I have to wait till I scar again The highlight was getting to meet his PA, Stephanie. I GP is so awesome.. I dont know why I even bothered