Surgical Specialist

3.0

by Olga M Zaks 248-204-8061 on May 22nd, 2016

My grandmother does not speak English. I called and asked if I may translate on a phone during apt to translate & explain to grandmother procedure Dr wants do on her (surgery). Dr's assistant categorically refused my suggestion , she stated that her Doctor does not do such things. He is not going to call ANYBODY. She suggested if Family can't be at apt w/her- Grandmother (who is Russian, single, low income, sick person!) needs to hire somebody to attend apt w/her so that person will translate. I begged and asked to make an exception-NO.. she said end of story. This office needs to reconsider/cancel this "Policy". Relatives can't append at every apt, so it should be possible for them to be on a phone and translate. Looks like Dr does not want to work with his patients and their Families..but has no problem to accept patients on Medicare and charge Medicare. I understand Medical Records confidentiality Law..but we are Family we know grandmother's medical history anyway , plus grandmother could sign authorization in the office that she does not mind. Unacceptable.