A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Wilson Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Wilson Merchant, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Urinary Incontinence
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Merchant has 23 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
- CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merchant accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans