Dr. Wilson Velazquez MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Corpus Christi, TX

March 21st, 2017
Disappointed
After 3 years on pain meds, this guy just leaves me with a Prayer, really could of went to Church. The staff sucks, and LIED to me about sending in a script. Then accused me of lying about the side affects I had from a stupid patch I was given. I don't know what I'm going to do... Propably end up in the hospital.

October 19th, 2016
Back pain
He was recommended by a friend and many of my friends said that he is a very good pain management Doctor .

December 15th, 2015
Very knowledgeable and great bedside manner. Very busy but that means he's a good doctor!

October 25th, 2015
BEWARE! Unprofessional, Rude doctor
This is the WORST doctor I have ever had! In 3 years of treatment my pain got progressively WORSE and it is clear the doctor does not care! He NEVER listens, treats patients as if they are all a bunch of junkies, minimizes my pain level, LIES about the new laws! I would have an appointment and the doctor would REFUSE to give me a trigger point injection and tells me I have to come back in 2 days! His office is nearly an hour drive and I have excruciating pain in my tailbone area making it extremely difficult for me to sit, especially in a car! HELLO? You are supposed to get me out of pain! The doctor threatened to kick me out of the practice when, for the 5th time in a row, the incompetent staff forgot to get my prescriptions ready ON THE DAY THEY TOLD ME TO PICK THEM UP! HELLO? Pain patients have withdrawals and excrutiating pain when YOU forget to write prescriptions! I am totally outraged by the wait times and the waiting room is standing room only! I sit for 3 hours, when you are in the room for 2 minutes, and refuse to listen to a thing I say!? I have been threatened and bullied so much that i started having anxiety attacks 3 days before my appointments! This man SHOULD NOT have a license to practice medicine! He is so nasty and disrespectful to his patients BUT demands respect he does NOT deserve! I have suffered and gotten far worse in the years I went there because he is the only pain doctor medicaid will pay for! My family has decided to pay for a reputable pain management doctor and for the first time jn years my pain level is a 2 ! DO NOT WASTE A DAY OF YOUR PRECIOUS LIFE ON THIS Dr Jeckyll AND HIS STAFF OF incompent gremlins!!

December 26th, 2014
mean spirited& unprofessional
Yes, it's that simple. The staff is mean spirited & unprofessional! Why they're in a position where they're supposed to be taking care of people, is beyond me. They are not cut out for that. They do not have a sympathetic bone in their body! Worse yet, when you DO get to tell the dr, he tells you to get past it & focus on the Now. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt thinking he doesn't know what those...women are doing to his patients but he knows & doesn't seem to care. As soon as I'm able I'm switching drs! I can not leave my life, my health in these people's hands. It's too precious for me! Instead of helping people that are in pain they cause more pain with all the stress they put us thru.

January 2nd, 2014
Office staff are incompetent!
The doctor himself is great if you can get over the repeated incompetence of the office staff. I am a patient that has transportation issues and has to rely on others to get to my doctor appointments and to pick up my prescriptions every month. I finally found someone to pick up my script just to realize it was written for the wrong date and YEAR!!!! I called to explain the problem and the staff who wrote the script was RUDE! I didn't even get an apology! This is not the first problem I have had with this office. Don't waste your time with this office! Find another doctor. He is not worth the time, effort or heartache you will have to endure with the office staff!!!!

May 9th, 2013
Misled me!
I made an appointment as a new patient with the secretary. The day before my appointment Rosie called and told me they would need payment in advance and they won't take BCBS I will have to pay cash after the secretary told me they took BCBS!

March 20th, 2013
This has to be one of the worst Dr offices in the state of Texas, the staff is rude and incompetent, they try to rush you out of the office because they are tripled booked in order so they can get someone else in while they givw you incomplete treatment. The Dr is a nice guy but is not good in his practice, I had medication that I was allergic 2 that not only was in my chart but I also told him about but he insistedon me taking Iit and it ended up putting me in the ER for his incompentence, oh there are lawsuit papers that is coming due to his negligence! This is the worst Dr. Office I ever been 2, ever!

February 3rd, 2012
great doctor with a staff that has some real issues
For the most part, I don't think you will find a more professional and considerate doctor for pain issues. His diagnosis is very accurate, he takes the time to get all the facts and then goes from there. He understands the issues that go with pain problems and the overall situations people have to live in with chronic pain issues. No matter how great of Doctor he is, he has some real problems with staff members. About half of them are ok and do their jobs great. Norma is one that can be counted on and has some common sense. But, there are a few of them, that seem to go out of their way to be trouble makers and seem to enjoy making office calls, appointments, issues, and insurance questions very painful. Seriously, a couple of his staff delight in making mistakes, trying to act like they do not understand, repeat themselves over and over to the question they want to answer, not the question you asked them. All I can tell you, that Dr. Wilson Velazquez is a wonderful man and great doctor. But, be prepared to deal with the DEVIL when you talk to a few of his staff members. I have had chronic pain and health issues for the past 15 years and that means monthly appointments. Even though, my past/other doctors have told me that I am a great patient and always conform to all orders and never abuse RX instructions, YET with Dr. V staff, I get treated like a criminal and never get my issues resolved. When they tell you that they will take care of it, it is just to get you out of office, or off the phone. They are mean spirited, repetitive, and can make life more miserable than the pain issues that you are there for to begin with. They will not answer the phone half the time, because they know it may delay them getting their jobs done and out of the office when the bell rings for them the go home. This review is honest, and not an exaggeration, so if you do choose Dr. V, please remember what I have warned you about. - Oh, and one other thing, Dr. V. is a true and devote Christian, and his tolleration to a staff that is as mean and non-believers as they are, just does not seem to make any sense. When you see how mean and how hurtful they are, it is hard to believe how much they enjoy making the patients more misserable. They really get off on being lazy and mean. I am not sure if they are trying to ruin him, or what, but, if there were more choices for Pain Doctors in Corpus, he would loose all his paitents.