Winfield S Fisher III MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Birmingham, AL

January 9th, 2016
Run for your life, literally!!!! This Dr. has demonstrated unprofessional behaviors, un ethical standards, neglected to diagnose me properly, untimely and delayed treatment and care. RUN!!!!!

December 19th, 2015
God complex
Dr.Fisher " Fired" me as a patient! A popular term used amongst him and his staff when they get rid of patients they dislike. I have a chronic brain disorder with a medical device that he place, after one of his protégés botched a surgery prior to him. His PA Kristen Lamb called me with a very nasty, rude, and entitled attitude, because she didn't feel like filling out and submitting FMLA forms, that had been approved by his office for over 5 yrs until it became her job, after nurse Amanda left. This phone call did not end well for her. She ran back to her boss crying and with out even one word question or call to me his patient I was kicked to the curb and BLACK LISTED to where no Neurosurgeon would see me or treat me for over 2 years. All while being fully aware that the device he put in my brain is malfunctioning. This Dr. And his staff are some hateful, heartless, and unethical individuals. There isn't a compassionate bone in their bodies. At first I jus chalked it up to racism but it's not racism just pure evil!!!!

May 18th, 2015
NNMC Wash D.C.
Though it has been quite some time since I have seen Dr. Fisher III, he literally saved my life. USN(Ret)

January 10th, 2015
He saved my life-PERIOD!

April 2nd, 2013
God Bless you Dr. Fisher and your wonderful staff !!
My thoughts and prayers are always with you and your Family, and your Awesome Staff. When I was diagnosed with an AVM. I had never heard of it before. My first visit to your office I was scared and was uncertain as to what I should do. After meeting with you and going over my scans and test my Husband and I were relieved and felt confident that I was where I needed to be. I give God the praise for the Gift he bestowed upon you, and I Thank you with all my Heart for the Care and Compassion I received from You and Your Staff through Gamma Knife and my Brain Surgery. And a Big Thank you Kristin, Ditty,Johnette. The list is endless God Bless.

October 18th, 2012
A God send!
Dr. Fisher was and is a huge blessing. I know I would not be here right now if it had not been for his excellent skills. I have a very difficult situation where there were multiple surgeries. He and his staff took excellent care of me. I am very grateful for what he and his staff have done for me.

June 8th, 2012
Dr. Fister has too many fish in the sea. His staff does not know what the other is doing. My husband had a brain hemmradge. He was very rude to me, would not anwser my questions. He acted like I was not in the room. His staff sent him home with no steroid after I asked. We ended up back in hospital and much sicker. I could go on, but will only say we are looking for another doctor.

July 19th, 2011
Great doctor he saved my life and i appreciate him so much and he is a very caring doctor. His staff is wonderful and caring also

July 14th, 2011
Dr. Fisher is a very talented surgeon. He saves lives, and saved mine! He is a Christian who prayed with my family. He was kind to them and me. He is extremely intelligent which I personally feel affects his ability to relate to others. However, he is wonderful at what he does. He had a good bedside manner with me. Then again, I would not care if he didn't, that is not his job. His job is brain surgery!

January 29th, 2011
Rude and lewd with terrible attitude
This man treated my husband with such disrespect that I had to wonder if he truley was a medical doctor. I never experienced a visit with a doctor who displayed such crude mannerisms and total disrespect and diregard for a patient. A mystery shopper from the Alabama Board Of Medical Examiners should engage an appointment with this doctor to verify these bad ratings he receives from patients. This doctor will be a vexation to the well being of any patients he deals with.

February 27th, 2010
Hard to say
Dr. Fisher has excellent credentials but unfortunately he has allowed himself to get so busy that he is missing easy diagnoses. He also cannot find the time to talk to his patients or their families with enough time and patience to instill confidence.

July 22nd, 2009
Undeserved Experience
My visit with Dr. Fisher today took 45 days,after being diganosed with a brain tumor. Dr. Fisher was unpleased and very rude. He ingored my questions and when repeated he asked in a very rude way,"Do I need to write it down for you?"I would not recommend this doctor to my worst ememy.