Dr. Wing Chang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.9

February 25th, 2016
complete jerk. referred pain medication which conflicts w my other meds that could result in death. with no concern whatsoever
total jerk. do not use this guy. he wouldn't give me sufficient pain medication. I had to cut my vacation short because he wouldn't prescribe adequate pain medication after he screwed up the epidural injection. upon return, I couldn'[t lay down on the mri for 22 minutes withouth excruciating pain, and he wouldn't upgrade the pain meds. He did prescribe nucynta which can cause death when mixed with cymbalta, which I told him i take. he did not care after a fervent arguement. I HAD TO go to my general practictioner to get stgronger pain medication than tylenol 3 and then the mri was still extremely painful but manageable. Don't mess with this guy. He's a monster. Stay away. and he may have caused my severe reaction to his injections, I don't know. just stay away.

May 27th, 2015
Dt Chang is a very good Dr, I have had several spinal pain injections throughout the last few years, , he is kind, thorough, will tell you if you need surgery instead of pain injections. I would not go to any other pain management Dr.

July 17th, 2014
Shockingly Terrible
I went in for minor back pain and ended up getting two x-rays done after one minute of being examined. THIS COST ME OVER $500 out of pocket. And they demanded that I pay in FULL right there. After the x-rays they could find nothing and recommended steroids and an MRI. My famiy will NEVER come back to this place and I will not recommend to anyone. Please do not go here. They are not caring and only want money. Also, the wait time to be seen was an hour.

December 10th, 2013
Extremely Disappointed
I went to this physician specifically so that he could help manage my pain. The first visit consisted of a referral for expensive tests (most of which I already had within the past year from my previous doctor) and a prescription for an anti-inflammatory which did little to help with the pain. The second visit consisted of an unpleasant muscle stimulation and a referral for physical therapy. The third visit consisted of another referral. Dr. Chang spent about 5 minutes with me for that visit for the mere sum of a few hundred dollars. The only option I was given was to have an invasive procedure performed in his office which I do not want. I followed up with a phone call to get a different prescription and I was told that I would have to come in again. For what? The man has done absolutely NOTHING to help with pain management other than refer me out and try to schedule invasive procedures. What a rip off and waste of time. I am truly sorry I went to this doctor.

July 25th, 2013
He made a determination of my condition in about, no joke, two seconds after he entered the examination room. I can't lift my left leg nor turn my head back and forth but yet I can drive a car and do light duty! Who pays his salary?

September 25th, 2012
HUGE JERK!!
This guy has no respect for his patients time or pain. I would never see him again. I called ahead to explain I had issues with my car and would be 10 min late. The front desk could not have been nicer and said not to worry. He chose to "punish" me by making me wait an hour and half. Then they brought me back to inform me I had to wait another 2 hours to see him. The nurse was rude about the situation and scolded me for being late. I told them I was still in pain and wanted to know the results of my MRI. He did not care and just said tough which I find funny b/c the last time I saw him it took him over an HOUR to get me in and I was 10 min early. He has lost me as a patient and my mother.

April 6th, 2012
God doctor for the under 40 person
Technically proficient. He works well with injured athletes but is not tuned into the issues of aging. Generally a physiatrist integrates the entire body mechanics - but he is myopic - focusing only on the spine. He is very detached, I would not go to him for pain management.

December 29th, 2011
DO NOT get near this guy
Frustrating experience with my vote for one of the worst doctors I've ever visited. A few highlights:- After going to him for serious neck pain and arm numbness, he spent 1 minute looking at Xray and advised I had arthiritis and spacing between vertabrae was too small. Later MRI technician refuted this saying the disk spacing was fine-- problem was actually spurs.- His social skills are zero-- after telling me I had arthritis (I'm pretty young for that) he prescribed some pills and an MRI, EMG tests and asked if I had questions. I was so shocked I couldn't come up with many questions. He provided no detail, no options, no treatment plan, and only minimal explanation for the first major medical problem I've ever had in my life. It was as if he said " well buddy... after looking at your xray for a few seconds I see you have brain cancer... any questions?". What a jerk! - The charges for the EMG nerve tests were OUTRAGEOUS. Through creative billing each "test" that took maybe 1-3 minutes each one right after the other was charged seperately and then I was charged for an "Office Visit" on top of that-- total $2,000 for a 30 minute total test/visit. The billing was confused and incomprehensible--- and accounting staff was dim and patronizing.At all times, it was clear that my questions were a source of annoyance to him. I could go on and on.... but this guy obviously sees his pateints as nothing but walking wallets. I'll never go back to him.

November 4th, 2011
Stay Away!
Staff was great. Office was nice. Dr. Chang didn't listen and had very poor communication skills. It was if he didn't care at all. I left his office in tears. He is not an asset for the practice. I will never go to this doctor again. I feel sorry for his staff.

October 13th, 2011
Good for something at least
I have been to see Dr. Chang on 4 different occasions and he has not spent more than 5 minutes in the room before giving his diagnosis and walking out. This is a doctor who is either jaded or just feels he will get paid either way. I have been to the emergency room 3 times sense he has become my doctor. He will not prescribe proper pain meds. In his words "Based on what I see, in my professional opinion Tylenol 3 should take away the pain from a herniated disc" If this man becomes your doctor just know...He will not listen to how you FEEL or how you are DOING he is just going to tell you what he thinks and you have to figure out the rest on your own. That is my current experience with Dr. Chang.

November 30th, 2010
Show me the $$$
Where the heck did they find this guy?! Very poor bedside manner. No way would I reccomend this "Doctor"

July 13th, 2010
stay away from this guy
this is by far the most cynical, less compassionate doctor i ve ever seen.His bedside manners stunk.He didnt ask any questions, he wasn't interested in hearing what I had to say and I was pulling teeth to get any info out of him.Even his responses were lazy, half assed and vague.At the end of the 3-4 min that I saw him in which he never established any eye contact with me he didnt even ask me if had any questions before he walked out.What a socially inept individual. I could have seen a robot with better results.