inactive

Wolfgang H Cerwinka MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 27th, 2016
Great
Very detailed and he took the time to explain our daughters condition.

June 25th, 2016
Excellent urologist. Genuinely cares about patients but also the parents and making sure they understand diagnosis and options. Couldn't recommend more highly. Saw our son as a newborn and guided us through the decision for surgery and to post op.

April 29th, 2014
Be careful with the only pediatric urologists in town!
If you have young ones with urological issues, be careful when you are dealing with GA Urology that is the ONLY pediatric urologists in Atlanta. I strongly urge you to research online and get second opinion from other pediatric urologists out of town. These guys have created a monopoly in Atlanta and do whatever they wish.

July 16th, 2013
My daughter saw Dr. Cerwinka about 6 months ago for recurring kidney stones. Being 16 years old, she was quite scared and concerned with what was happening to her. Dr. Cerwinka was very kind to my daughter, and he took the time to answer not only my questions, but those she had as well. He left the option of surgery up to us as a family, which we ended up having to do in the end. Dr. Cerwinka was kind, professional and patient with all of us, and he took extremely good care of all of us. His staff was exceptionally wonderful and helpful, and given the circumstances, we couldn't have asked for a better experience during such trying times. I hope we never need a urologist in the future, but if the need arises he will be the first one we call.

September 18th, 2012
We saw Dr. Kitchens in Birmingham and he was AWFUL, a real jerk. So, we found Dr. Cerwinka who came highly recommened by nurses. He knew exactly how to treat my intact son and handled the whole situation with care and professionalism. He stayed a long time answering my questions.

June 30th, 2011
Knowledgable & Kind
Dr. Cerwinka was very good with my 12-mo. old daughter, and was also good about explaining everything to us. He let us ask all the questions we wanted, and we didn't feel rushed at all. He appears very knowledgeable about her condition, and told us to let him know if we had an issues before our next follow-up visit.The staff was also nice once we arrived; however, we were told 3 minutes before closing time the day before our appointment that we were required to obtain and bring all prior films with us to the appointment. This wouldn't have been a big issue except for the fact that they gave us no prior notice.Be forewarned that if you go to the Scottish Rite office the deck has a $4.00 parking fee and they do not validate parking, so bring your money!

September 23rd, 2010
Unwilling to help
Dr. Cerwinka gave no relief or help towards the urology problem that my son had. Charged us $200 to say the opposite of what 4 other doctors had told us and simply said that the pain my son was having was not so. He offered no help in the matter and encouraged us to follow up in a year. He claimed that there was no help to relieve this pain until puberty. All other physicians (4 now) and research has told us otherwise. When being told that the pain your son is experiencing is equivalent to someone kicking you in your testicles by a doctor whomed had the same condition and yet Dr. Cerwinka claims our son isn't in pain, it leaves a feeling of distrust toward Dr. Cerwinka. It is hard to believe that someone can spend 10 minutes with you and not look at any films and conclude that a person is fine and that nothing can be done to ease the pain of my 7 year old. We have now been to the doctors office 7 times in two months all about the same thing with each time my son experiencing great pain. Dr. Cerwinka needs to gain experience in this field and relize that his opinions are incorrect.