Surgeons
Video profile
75 Francis St
Boston, MA 02115
617-732-7602
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.8275862068966 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Gave me my life back  |  show details
by John S on Jun 19th, 2014

DR Fitz gave me my life back. I had a knee replacement at a local hospital that became a failed knee replacement with 2 1/2 years of severe pain, swelling and stiffness. Dr Fitz discovered the cause of it and performed a revision in May of 2013. I was a young active person and this new knee has given me back my life and am back to walking and bicycling again. His PA is one of the most knowledgeable PAs I have come across. (and I have come across many) His office staff are very pleasant, helpful beyond words and organized- two things that are unusual these days.

|  Best Orthopedic Surgeon  |  show details
by Linda on Jun 12th, 2014

I think Dr. Fitz is an amazing surgeon. I had a knee replacement in another Hospital which got infected, ultimately the prosthetic needed to be removed and I was without a knee joint for over 4 months. I found Dr. Fitz through personal recommendation from one of his Patients. Dr. Fitz agreed to do my knee replacement after we were sure the infection was completely healed. I had to be in a wheel chair and very immobile, until the revision, He gave me my life back! I cannot say enough good things about him, his PA Kelly and surgical scheduler Evelyn. They are incredible, I will be forever grateful.

|  Not always so good  |  show details
by Wendy R. on May 21st, 2014

I had a knee repair about a year ago. After waiting over 2 1/2 hours to see Dr. Fitz for a follow-up I discovered that I wasn't even going to have that courtesy. A woman, his assistant I presume came in and didn't introduce herself. She poked at my knee, looked at my X-rays and said there was nothing further to be done until I was ready for a knee replacement. Then she left.

|  2 total knee replacements  |  show details
by Stephen Bik on Apr 4th, 2014

I suffered with bowed knees and pain for over ten years but was apprehensive about having a TKR. Finally I was fortunate enough to get an appoinment with Dr. Fitz and had my left knee replaced in April of 2013 and my right one in January of 2014. The results were amazing and my recovery was painless and quick and was able to resume work on a full time basis within two weeks after each operation. I exercise every day without pain and owe it all to Dr Fitz.. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of a TKR and has any fear or anxiety.

|  I love this guy - he changed my life.  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

This gentleman is all that great docs should be - incredibly smart, extraordinarily skilled, a wizard at what he does - all conducted with a kind and considerate manner. After visiting a number of lesser surgeons and hearing my options and getting terrible intermediate treatment, I finally found this man and my new knee and I are grateful. He is THE best at what he does (no, I'm not his mother).

|  Fantastic surgeon  |  show details
by Dan Leonard on Jan 20th, 2013

I had to wait 8-9 months to get an appointment with Dr Fitz and in the mean time I had seen a couple of other surgeons. If I had to wait 12 months to see Dr Fitz, it would still be worth the wait to have him operate on me.. I had a double knee replacement (Conformis) and was up and walking the next day, doing stairs the next day and discharged to go home the next day (and not to a rehab facility). Throughout the entire time, there was minimal pain because of his special "pain busters".

|  Dr FITZ AND his staff leave no stone unturned. His approach to care is conservative, cutting edge and trustwirthy.  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2012

I had a total knee replacement following trauma to my knee in my mid 60s. I shopped around to identify my choice of an orthopedic surgeon. Dr Fitz was the third "interview". He was recommended (as were the other two) by colleagues in medicine. Two factors led me to choose him. 1) His reputation of excellence for immediate post surgical pain control was important because I wanted to begin recovery with a positive experience of pain control. 2) He has the reputation among other health care professionals in Boston of having patients with the best recovery. I would nothesitate in recommending him unreservedly.

|  Lester F Simpson  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2012

Husband had full knee replacement surgery by Dr. Fitz on 6/11/2012. To say he is a skilled surgeon would be a understatement. My husband is in the process of rehabiliation and is doing fantastic. He is in far less pain than prior to his surgery. Lester will be facing his second knee replacement sometime later this year We would recommend this highly skilled surgeon and in fact we have. Our sincere appreciation goes out to him. His staff is extremely competent and helpful. We think he picks the best of the best to work in conjunction with him. The surgery took place at Faulkner Hospital and we recommend this hospital for its services and accomodations.Mary F SimpsonAttleboro Ma.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

Dr Fitz performed a minimally invasive knee replacement for me and he did an excellent job. I highly recommend him.

|  A Remarkable Doctor  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Dr. Fitz is a highly qualified professional. He is a miracle worker. I was in horrific knee pain with bone on bone arthritis. He operated on both of my knees about 3 years ago and I am pain free and very mobile. His minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is remarkable. The experience and my stay at NE Baptist was wonderful. I was up and about immediately and using only a cane two weeks later. I highly recommend this brilliant surgeon.

|  knee replacement  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2012

excellent...

|  Awsome surgeon - highly recommend!!  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

DR.Fitz did a total hip replacement on me a year ago. Pain management wasexcellent. I was home 3 days after surgery and very comfortable. He is an excellent surgeon and a very compassionate individual. He takes the time to explain everything and answered all of my questions. Never felt "rushed" in any of my visits as you sometimes do with other doctors. I would (and have) highly recommend him to anyone needing hip or knee replacement surgery.

|  TKR  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

Dr. Fitz recommended PT before surgery that I think was very beneficial.The surgery was pain free and uneventful. I I have recommened him to anyone considering a TKR surgery Mine was on Friday and he called Saturday and Sunday as well as Monday AM before discharge. He was very caring and compassionate.

|  Dr Fitz is amazing  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

So glad Dr Fitz was recomended to me.He is easy to talk to.Explains every thing and made me feel I was in good hands.My knee replacement went so smooth.NO PAIN.It is hard to believe.I am an advocate for Dr Fitz.Have referred 8 people to him and they are all pleased with there TKR.Highly recomend Dr Fitz

|  knee replacement  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

I had knee replacement by Dr.Fitz and then had 2 more surgeries due to my making too much scar tissue. He helped in any way he could and I would totally recommend him.

by Joyce Shapiro Gordon on Apr 7th, 2011

Dr. Fitz manages to combine his genius as a diagnostician and surgeon, while also being a compassionate practitioner. He truly "listens" to you as a patient takes his time with you, and creates an atmosphere of patient and doctor as a team. His PA, Kelly, is outstanding, and together they provide wonderful patient education and support. Can't say enough wonderful things about this team!

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

Dr. Fitz combines all the qualities of an excellent physician. He is compassionate, explains issues thoroughly, uses innovative techniques including adequate pain management. More than worth traveling out of RI to get care from this doctor who replaced my knee.

Dec 20th, 2010

Excellent doctor! I have had an excellent and easy recovery from total knee replacement. His pain management and care is the best. Well worth the 2 hour trip to Boston to be under his care.

|  Dr. Fitz  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

I think he is wonderful. I recently had a TKR and now I need one on the other leg and I wouldn't go to anyone else. I had a botched knee surgery 4 years ago and have had NUMEROUS complications. By the time I got to Dr, Fitz my knee was bent more than 20 degrees inward. He was able to design a custon knee to correct my problem and I have been GREAT ever since. My leg is straight again and I can walk and do many more things than I could before. I can't say enough about him!!!

Jun 16th, 2010

I felt comfortable/safe going to him for my total knee replacement.

|  First Class  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2010

Dr. fitz is a first class Othopeadic Surgeon!

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON  |  show details
by Kerri Egan on Dec 4th, 2009

Not only is Dr. Fitz a phenomenal ortho surgeon, his beside manner is outstanding. This is a very precious find as so many Orthos have less than stellar beside manner. He spends time with this patients giving them all their options and making them comfortable with the choices they make. He follows up with his patients to make sure they are doing well. Would HIGHLY recommend him to others - in fact I have!

|  the best  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2009

from unusually small incisions to lower pain levels post op, Dr. Fitz is an incredible knee replacement surgeon. he is also kind and caring, despite a very hectic schedule.

|  total right hip replacement  |  show details
by Lorna rOBICHAUD on May 18th, 2009

Dr. Fitz is an amazing surgeon. My surgery went very well and I had no pain afterwards. I will soon be having a double knee replacement with Dr. Fitz.

|  Top notch care  |  show details
by Colleen Preston on Apr 16th, 2009

My hip replacement went very smoothly. Minimum pain, fast recovery. In the hospital on Monday, home on Thursday with total hip replacement. Very focused and caring.

by Barbara Faubert on Mar 11th, 2009

Dr. Wolfgang Fitz is a GENIUS when it comes to total knee replacement. His over-all care - especially in managing your pain -is excellent! - I had bi-lateral knee replacement (both knees) and walked out of re-hab 10 days later -supported only by my husband's arm! If you need a caring, skilled physician - I would highly recommend him (as would most of the nurses on my floor) Barbara Faubert