Wouter I Schievink MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

April 20th, 2016
Finally..answers
Not only did he answer every question but the way we discussed it and his manner eased my concerns. There is a reason he is the best.

March 19th, 2015
Top CSF leak specialist. If you have a CSF leak, see Dr. Schievink.

July 9th, 2013
Amazing Experience
Dr. Schievink came to us highly recommended by my daughter's spine surgeon. My 12 year old daughter had spinal fusion surgery 6 months ago and developed a dural tear which resulted in a CSF leak. After being put on bed rest the first time to relieve the CSF headache it seemed to be okay. The headaches came back but excruciating this time. We saw Dr. Schievink, and he was absolutely wonderful with her. Great bedside manner, answered all of our/her questions. She was very comfortable with him and put us at ease. He knew instantly what she was suffering from and scheduled a blood patch procedure a few days later. Success!!! She left the hospital headache free and is back to her old self. Thank you Dr. Schievink, you are truly amazing.

March 6th, 2013
Dr. Schievink, I feel, is the only surgeon that I feel comfortably with my treatment. He is the only Dr. that I trusted to help me. He is professional, competent, skilled, caring and also has a sense of humor. His staff is wonderful. It is rare that a physician will call you on the phone personally, but not so rare for Dr. S. If you need to see a Neurosugeron, for any reason, I highly recommend Dr. Schievink.

November 20th, 2012
Outstanding Doctor!
Dr. Schievink is an outstanding doctor! He came highly recommended. When my husband and I met with him prior to my surgery, after out visit, I said, "we need to quick while be ahead." Dr. Schievink's staff is a reflection of him. There are kind, caring a passionate of what they do. This man gives 100%. He is patience, funny and extremely knowledgeable in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Schievink to anyone in need of brain surgery!

November 5th, 2012
This is the worst Doctor I hve ever been to. He and his staff were extremely un-professonal. When complications happened after surgery they would not help at all. I flew in from out of state and they made me miss my flights twice. I would go in for my appointment and they would re-schedule me. It cost me thousands to see him and he did not care if I lived or died.

June 4th, 2012
CSF leak repair T5-6
Amazing to find the expertise and care after 4+ years of deabilitating pain. In rehabilitation process and so thankful to find such capable and kind care. It's as if we spoke the same language at last! Hats off to an incredible surgeon! It's Day 12 since surgery; looking forward to full recovery. So thankful and amazed that God gives such incredible gifts to so many people on the journey of life.

October 2nd, 2011
csf patient
After a year of inaccurate diagnosis, waitng, testing and constant diappointment on the East Coast. Dr. Schievink, no questions asked, took my case. This was not life threatening (mortality) but our lives were definitely ending as it was. I was told I could not be "fixed" but Dr. Schvienick had a different opinion. My issues were certainly nowhere near the severity of his patients in the ICU who were truely living day to day but he still made time for me. Three surgeries later I am 10 times better and I owe it all to Dr. Schievink and his staff (Penny is incredible). One day I will return the gift he gave me, somehow.

February 17th, 2011
Worst doctor I ever went to
I gave this office my MRi results 1 week prior to scheduling and when I showed up I waited over 50 minutes. He came having not read my MRI result which I gave the office 1 week prior and did not even look at my MRI. Not worth the time, money or travel.

December 11th, 2010
Absolutely THE BEST!!!!
I can't even begin to explain how wonderful Dr. Schievink is ... he saved my husband's life!!! He always took time to explain each and every procedure in easy-to-understand language, he is very caring and supportive and overall he is excellent at what he does. My husband had a total of 5 brain surgeries and is a walking miracle. Whether at the hospital or in his office, he always gives you the time your need and deserve as a patient and family of the patient. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

November 18th, 2010
Excellent experience
I saw the doctor today. Everyone in the office was very nice and professional--on the phone and in person. I was seen promptly. The doctor was very patient and explained everything very well. He took the time to answer all my questions. I would highly recommend him.

July 29th, 2008
Excellent Neurosurgeon
Dr. Schievink performed life-saving neurosurgery on my wife. Although the second opinion from the neurologist somewhat contradicted Dr. Schievink, he readily acceded to the contrary opinion and came back to the hospital that night to perform the surgery. He was in no way defensive, explaining why he had wanted to wait and why the neurologist differed somewhat in his view. The result was remarkable. All the docs are impressed by my wife's recovery. Dr. Schievink works out of the highly rated neurosurgery group at Cedars Sinai hospital. His specialty seems to be vascular related, while his colleague, Dr. Black, seems to focus on tumors. I had heard Dr. Black lecture at my son's high school. All in all a top notch group!