Surgeons
8631 W 3rd St
Ste 800E
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-423-7900
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Amazing Experience  |  show details
by Wendi LeSassier on Jul 9th, 2013

Dr. Schievink came to us highly recommended by my daughter's spine surgeon. My 12 year old daughter had spinal fusion surgery 6 months ago and developed a dural tear which resulted in a CSF leak. After being put on bed rest the first time to relieve the CSF headache it seemed to be okay. The headaches came back but excruciating this time. We saw Dr. Schievink, and he was absolutely wonderful with her. Great bedside manner, answered all of our/her questions. She was very comfortable with him and put us at ease. He knew instantly what she was suffering from and scheduled a blood patch procedure a few days later. Success!!! She left the hospital headache free and is back to her old self. Thank you Dr. Schievink, you are truly amazing.

|  show details
Mar 6th, 2013

Dr. Schievink, I feel, is the only surgeon that I feel comfortably with my treatment. He is the only Dr. that I trusted to help me. He is professional, competent, skilled, caring and also has a sense of humor. His staff is wonderful. It is rare that a physician will call you on the phone personally, but not so rare for Dr. S. If you need to see a Neurosugeron, for any reason, I highly recommend Dr. Schievink.

|  Outstanding Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

Dr. Schievink is an outstanding doctor! He came highly recommended. When my husband and I met with him prior to my surgery, after out visit, I said, "we need to quick while be ahead." Dr. Schievink's staff is a reflection of him. There are kind, caring a passionate of what they do. This man gives 100%. He is patience, funny and extremely knowledgeable in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Schievink to anyone in need of brain surgery!

|  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

This is the worst Doctor I hve ever been to. He and his staff were extremely un-professonal. When complications happened after surgery they would not help at all. I flew in from out of state and they made me miss my flights twice. I would go in for my appointment and they would re-schedule me. It cost me thousands to see him and he did not care if I lived or died.

|  CSF leak repair T5-6  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

Amazing to find the expertise and care after 4 years of deabilitating pain. In rehabilitation process and so thankful to find such capable and kind care. It's as if we spoke the same language at last! Hats off to an incredible surgeon! It's Day 12 since surgery; looking forward to full recovery. So thankful and amazed that God gives such incredible gifts to so many people on the journey of life.

|  Trust this man with my ATM code!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Wouter saw me in Feb 2011. I had bulging disks and degenerative disk disease. My right arm was almost completely paralized. Wouter performed a C4/C5 fusion. He later performed a Laminectomy on my L4-L6. I have nothing but praises for this man and his work. I have recommended him to three other people in Palm Springs (where I reside) for neck/disk problems.

|  csf patient  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

After a year of inaccurate diagnosis, waitng, testing and constant diappointment on the East Coast. Dr. Schievink, no questions asked, took my case. This was not life threatening (mortality) but our lives were definitely ending as it was. I was told I could not be "fixed" but Dr. Schvienick had a different opinion. My issues were certainly nowhere near the severity of his patients in the ICU who were truely living day to day but he still made time for me. Three surgeries later I am 10 times better and I owe it all to Dr. Schievink and his staff (Penny is incredible). One day I will return the gift he gave me, somehow.

|  Worst doctor I ever went to  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

I gave this office my MRi results 1 week prior to scheduling and when I showed up I waited over 50 minutes. He came having not read my MRI result which I gave the office 1 week prior and did not even look at my MRI. Not worth the time, money or travel.

|  Absolutely THE BEST!!!!  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2010

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful Dr. Schievink is ... he saved my husband's life!!! He always took time to explain each and every procedure in easy-to-understand language, he is very caring and supportive and overall he is excellent at what he does. My husband had a total of 5 brain surgeries and is a walking miracle. Whether at the hospital or in his office, he always gives you the time your need and deserve as a patient and family of the patient. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
by Ralph Gottlieb on Nov 18th, 2010

I saw the doctor today. Everyone in the office was very nice and professional--on the phone and in person. I was seen promptly. The doctor was very patient and explained everything very well. He took the time to answer all my questions. I would highly recommend him.

|  Excellent Neurosurgeon  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2008

Dr. Schievink performed life-saving neurosurgery on my wife. Although the second opinion from the neurologist somewhat contradicted Dr. Schievink, he readily acceded to the contrary opinion and came back to the hospital that night to perform the surgery. He was in no way defensive, explaining why he had wanted to wait and why the neurologist differed somewhat in his view. The result was remarkable. All the docs are impressed by my wife's recovery. Dr. Schievink works out of the highly rated neurosurgery group at Cedars Sinai hospital. His specialty seems to be vascular related, while his colleague, Dr. Black, seems to focus on tumors. I had heard Dr. Black lecture at my son's high school. All in all a top notch group!