Dr. Xandrea Kirtley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 19th, 2011
The best Dr. there is
All of my family goes to her. Have for 10+ years. She is amazing. I have recommended her to many people over the years, and will continue to

July 18th, 2011
I like Dr. Kirtley, but I hate their office policies
Dr. Kirtley's a really nice doctor, and I especially have appreciated the time she's spent with my teenaged daughters. However, we're going to start going somewhere else because of the staff and office procedures. They're very, very slow to get simple lab results and new or refilled prescriptions to the patient. For a very simple thyroid test, I have to start a month in advance if I don't want to run out of medication. At my old doctor, the longest it ever took was 48 hours. And then, half the time when I DO get my results sent to me, they forget to include the prescription I need, which means I have to call the office, go through their maze of leaving messages and returning phone calls, etc. It's just not worth it anymore.

April 14th, 2010
Great doctor, horrible business.
it is absolutely obnoxious to ask for payment up-front. we have insurance for a reason. their current system forces the patient to burden the responsibility of the agreement between the doctor and insurance company. hey, doctors - if you don't think an insurance company will pay, or keep their records up-to-date, then don't accept that insurance company. Not even a barber shop or hair salon asks to be paid in advance. - they accept the risk that a person could run out of there without paying for services. Such a shame, really - Dr. Kirtley is an OUTSTANDING physician, and I (and my family) would love to keep her as our primary physician however, this practice of assuming the risk of the clinic's debt is absurd, unacceptable and completely insensitive to the current economic hardship we are all enduring in Southeast Michigan.

May 25th, 2008
Excellent, caring doctor
Dr. Kirtley became my doctor when I switched to HAP and had to change doctors. She referred me to a specialist who solved a problem I have had for ten years. She spends plenty of time with me and I feel comfotable talking with her. She actually took away one of my meds instead of adding to them, and has continued to help with my diabetes!