Technically good surgeon, apparently, at least by reputation, but there were problems otherwise. show details Technically good surgeon, apparently, at least by reputation, but there were problems otherwise.
Aug 9th, 2014

Opinionated and sometimes arrogant. The problem was correctly diagnosed and the surgery results acceptable, at least so far. Follow-ups were every other visit, in between physician assistant exams including the first visit after surgery that was with assistant. That might have been acceptable except that in one follow-up the doctor openly and rudely disputed an opinion previously given by the assistant in a prior visit, without explaining the reason for this curious disagreement. In another follow-up, violently jerked me at site of surgery for reasons unknown, causing immediate, severe pain-- I involuntarily yelled when he did this, and the pain continued for many days afterward-- --he gave no apology nor any explanation for why he thought this was necessary for his examination or what it meant to him. He had little or no interest in related issue causing pain from prior surgery by another surgeon--gave the impression that he cared only about the result of his own work, not the overall needs of the patient. Smiling pictures of this doctor are plastered all over the office showing him working pro bono in other countries; he is obviously proud of this extracurricular work and wants patients in his office to know about it. This is no doubt helpful to those whom he treats elsewhere, who may have no access to care of any kind where they live. Given my experience with him, however, it makes me suspect that this may explain, at least in part, why he doesn't spend more time with his (paying) patients in Atlanta, focusing first on their needs. So, I would never go back to him. Now I'm very satisfied with another excellent Atlanta doctor who trained under his supervision many years ago. One more thing re the efficiency of the office (this doctor can't be blamed individually, I suppose: I got no significant co-pay or follow-up bill re the surgery (a major operation) for more than a year; then it came in shockingly high (thousands and not covered by insurance). I paid it but still don't understand why it took so long to come in--it could be an issue with the insurance company, in part anyway, or it could be tardiness by his own office in getting paperwork done. Don't know what role he has in the management of this large office with multiple orthopedists. Considering everything, I would look elsewhere; there are many good surgeons in Atlanta.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
by S. Monroe on Jul 8th, 2014

Dr. Duralde is a great physician. He made me understand what was going on with my shoulder and took very good care of me after my surgery. Staff is very courteous and attentive. Wait time is 30mins sometimes but is well worth the wait.

Finally Someone Got It Right. show details Finally Someone Got It Right.
Aug 9th, 2012

Dr. Duralde dis my third and final shoulder replacment in a 7 hour surgery in 2000. This was a repair or two prvious failed tries. He is the comsumate professional and is the finest surgeon I have ever been associated with. I would recommend him for any orthopedic operation!

A joke show details A joke
Aug 31st, 2011

1st would only give me an appointment after told what insurance company was going to be used! and than said it would be a month until he could see a 72 year old woman who had fallen and broken her shoulder. nice caring office