Dr. Xavier Munoz DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine El Paso, TX

3.8

March 6th, 2017
Appalling
Diagnosed a hernia from 6 feet away and gave referral to surgeon. Office wouldn't get insurance referral authorization and insurance company had to get involved. Even after getting authorization, would not get it to surgeon despite numerous requests. I had to get the number and then have surgeon's office verify it. Refused to get baseline mammogram plus additional diagnostics from previous doctor. Either wouldn't answer questions or gave flippant answers. Would only give blood, urine and electrocardiogram results at another appointment. Still hand writes Rx and has no patient portal although EHR program has those capabilities.

March 1st, 2016
Excellent experience. Dr. Munoz is one of the best.
I went to see Dr. Munoz about a year ago. My experience was outstanding. He was professional, respectful, and gave me the insight i needed after an accurate prognosis of what I went for. He was adamant about his staff doing things quickly and efficiently, which I really appreciated.

February 24th, 2016
Excellent physician.

July 7th, 2015
Excellent Doctor.
I highly recommend Dr. Munoz. I go to the WESTSIDE location on Redd Rd. He is an excellent Dr. Is attentive, listens and addresses your health problem ...

June 19th, 2015
This guy is the worse!!

November 3rd, 2011
A doctor for all reasons and seasons!
I first encountered Dr. Munoz several years ago during my annual medical visit at Dr. Christine Hernandez's shared office. He and I clicked hit it off quite well--we are both athletic (bicycling, diving) although I am overweight. He consistently makes accurate diagnosis for me, even if sometimes unpleasant, the worst being pre-diabetic. I conscientiously went on a dieting binge, primarily losing weight, so that by the time of my follow-up 6 months later, he reported that my labwork had shown remarkable improvement. Not only that, I had improved in all other areas as well. Dr. Munoz departed Dr. Hernandez's office, joining a larger medical facility on Gateway East. Even though wait-time seems to have increased, our actual doctor-patient face-time has decreased because I am keeping my weight low (not as low as I would like!) and he is quickly able to discuss everything in a shorter amount of time. I am very pleased to have Dr. Munoz for my PPO. He is extremely professional, polite, and expert in every sense of the word. I highly recommend him to any and everybody as a PPO.

February 2nd, 2011
Excellent
Wish he would come back to San Antonio. Our loss is El Paso's gain. Best Dr. I have seen in many years.