Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Do Not Recommend Dr. Zhu show details Do Not Recommend Dr. Zhu
by Julie Riegg on Mar 10th, 2015

I have been unable to contact Dr. Zhu since my appointment on Jan. 29th. She does not return my calls. She had me pay up front for what she told me was the deductible amount from my insurance. In fact, my insurance paid her for her services without a deductible. I have been trying to get back the amount she charged me up front which was $165 and she hasn't responded. I was told that if the insurance paid, I would be refunded the $165. She refused to contact me to return the money to me.

Feb 5th, 2015

Dr. Zhu is compassionate and takes the time to listen and work with the patient. I chose her because she is an internist and also practices traditional Chinese acupuncture. She is terrific! Office staff is great too!

Mar 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I always feel very confortable and safe with Dr. Z. And I very much trust her diagnosis. I have been able to proove over and over again, her diagnosis is always acurate. Plus she is very caring and understanding.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Jan 25th, 2014

Dr. Zhu has outstanding bedside manners and is a unique MD who is also experienced in Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture.

by Celine Qian on Jan 2nd, 2014

Dr. Zhu is a very experienced doctor who professes both excellent western medical knowledge and great accupuncture skills. I will recommend Dr. Zhu to my friends and family without hesitation.

Wonderful and Caring Doctor show details Wonderful and Caring Doctor
by Elaine Q on Dec 15th, 2013

I've been a patient at Dr. Zhu's for years. I've been very pleased with the service I've received here. The office is new and clean. The staff are courteous and helpful. The care Dr. Zhu provide is simply amazing. She is patient, honest, thorough, compassionate. I always had blood works done in the office except one time I forgot to fast. Once she even called the lab during her vacation to help me sort out problems. She really went above and beyond and always does so. Overall, this is a great place for care and I would highly recommend.

An outstanding primary care doctor show details An outstanding primary care doctor
by John on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Zhu has been my primary care doctor for over 10 years. She is a very responsible and knowledgeable doctor and really cares about her patients. She always spends enough time with her patients and provides clear explanations when there is a problem. She performs very thorough physical examination and never ignores any symptoms that may indicate serious illness. I know that she identifies very early stage cancer on several her patients, which is one of the very important reasons that I followed her from Tyson’s Corner office to current brand new office in Fairfax City. The front staff is also very friendly and always tries to accommodate my need to schedule an appointment. In short, I strongly recommend Dr. Zhu as an outstanding primary care doctor to anyone.

great primary care doc show details great primary care doc
by Marc F on Dec 9th, 2013

Been seeing Dr. Zhu for nearly 2 years. She is great! I like that she is very thorough. She found a few minor things in my blood work, which a previous primary care doc missed. I had several questions about what it all meant, and she took her time explaining it. As another reviewer said, her new office is a little out of the way, but totally worth it for the care.

very warm and knowledgeable! show details very warm and knowledgeable!
by Tina F. on Dec 9th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr.Zhu for several years now. She moved her office to Fairfax last year which is a lot more driving for me now but it's totally worth it. I see her primarily for my annual check ups but it's really neat that she has eastern medicine training as well and always has interesting insights and recommendations for me. I always leave the office feeling well taken care of.

Dec 9th, 2013

Best Service ever! Great Patient Care! Genuine treatment!

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Feb 24th, 2013

Dr Zhu has outstanding qualifications and provides excellent care to her patients, particularly seniors like me. She always takes time to answer my questions and attends conferences and seminars to keep up-to-date in her field.

her rating is way too high here according my personal experience with.her show details her rating is way too high here according my personal experience with.her
Sep 15th, 2012

i an new to this area and found this doctor cause i thought an Asian female doctor would be easier to connect. A simple physical check was made so unprofessional and she tried to make me do it in three appointments. in my opinion she is very very unethical and only wants to exploit the most out of her patients rather than solving the patients problem. please please stay away from her if.you want to.live longer and happier. i guarantee that what i said is 100% true.

Beyond expectations show details Beyond expectations
Jul 8th, 2012

I hedged my bets by going to a Board Certified MD who also did acupuncture. I had never experienced "non-traditional" medicine before. Dr. Zhu and her staff made me very comfortable. Dr. Zhu explained the treatments and after a few visits I was free of extreme pain for the first time in months after unsuccessful drug treatments from my family doctor of many years.There were no drug side effects anymore (no drugs). I had cancelled going to the wedding of the son on my childhood friend. Now, I am happy to say, I will be dancing at the wedding.

Jun 14th, 2012

Their practice place is not very clean and the doctor will ask you to go to some outside labs for any simple test. Not a recommended place at all!

Professional show details Professional
Jun 7th, 2012

Dr. Zhu is a caring and excellent doctor. She listens to my problem without rush and she knows what is she doing, the office is very professional and front staffs are very friendly and sweet. When I need an appointment as urgent, they will get me in on the same day even the schedule is very full. I love this office and I will continue to go to this office.

great Doctor... I was saved show details great Doctor... I was saved
May 25th, 2012

best doctor, I went there without appt because I have bruise all over my body,and it was emergency, she put me right away in the room and immediately diagnosed me. she was so surprised and start to do blood sample so I can get a lab test and know the reason right away. because I dont have any insurance, she put me in the CBC first, usually doctor trying to do all the lab test because they were lazy. so I got a discount for not having an insurance. I knew it right away after she tried to diagnose me, she was listening and know what she was doing. example: she used small needles to draw my blood, because she have something in mind, something not right with my platelets.. and she was right, I have ITP.. then the result came in the same day (night), she called me right away around 11pm to tell me to go to ER immediately, I love dr,Zhu. shes really nice and caring.

Acupuncture show details Acupuncture
May 25th, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Zhu for several years for acupuncture treatment. Acupuncture has really helped me with pain management and I'm so glad I decided to see her. She is very knowledgable in both eastern and western mediciine and develops treatment plans that meet the specific needs of her patients.Dr.Zhu is absolutely wonderful!

best family doctor show details best family doctor
May 21st, 2012

I have been her patient for many years and she's simply the best doctor I've ever seen. She has always taken the time to listen to me and advised me on my health issues. Apparently I had been taking the wrong dosage for my high blood pressure for ages before I saw her! Now i feel so much better and have quit smoking for five years now. The office is very professional. They even refunded me one time when there was an over payment. My family moved to another area last year but we all still come to see Dr.Zhu. It's worth the drive!

M Zohir show details M Zohir
May 18th, 2012

I was refereed by my neurologist to see Dr. Zhu (for Acupuncture).Dr. Zhu exceeded my expectation for her honesty, professionalism, and care. At the beginning she took the time to diagnose the problem and was always measuring my progress. Dr. Zhu has my highest recommendation.

May 8th, 2012

great improvement in pain management.

Dr. Zhu show details Dr. Zhu
May 3rd, 2012

I went to Dr. Zhu for accupuncture for my sinuses which were chronically congested. Had relief after the first treatment. Very positive experience. Dr. Zhu is very caring.

Avoiding this doctor office if you have high blood presure show details Avoiding this doctor office if you have high blood presure
Apr 5th, 2012

The staff is extremely rude. The bad business practices is carried. I was asked to pay whole annual deductible BEFORE the service. I wanted to cancel appointment of this ridiculous business practice, but was told that I still have to pay the full amount to cancel the appointment.I will never go back.

Worst service I have ever received show details Worst service I have ever received
Apr 2nd, 2012

I was so upset with the recent visit as a medicare patient.I was asked to pay $150 at the moment when I signed in. I was told that it was because it was the first time that I visited the office and all medicare patients have a $150 deductible, making the payment before the service and before knowing how much the service would charge !!! I have never heard about this. After I complained to the doctor, the doctor compromised that I just pay the full amount for her treatment, $112. Note, as a medicare patient, I only need to pay after the deductible. I went to Giant to pickup my medicine at night based on doctor's instruction, and she promised it would be ready. Giant did not get the prescription at all. I went back two days after, then four days after, and it still wasn't there yet. The office was closed, and I had to wait yet another day to get my medicine. I told office that I preferred to have a written prescription instead, and they wanted to charge me $8.00 to have it mailed. It was their fault I didn't have it on time, and they wanted to charge ME for it!I am paying but I did not get the basic service I expected. I give up and will never go back again.

Avoid this doctor show details Avoid this doctor
Feb 28th, 2012

Avoid this doctor! Horrible business practices and inattentive care. I came to see Dr Zhu for a yearly checkup and mentioned one issue when she asked me if I have any concerns. Dr Zhu spent three very curt minutes discussing it, and billed me for two office visits, citing the three minute conversation as a separate issue and therefore deserving of a separate charge. I phoned multiple times to the office, insurance, and VA board of medicine. Her office staff were extremely rude. In the end I found it easier to pay off the collection agency Dr Zhu sent the bill to.

Sep 1st, 2011

As a doctor, Dr. Zhu is ok. However, Dr. Zhu's business practice is unethical.For example, when I had my annual check-up, she always charged it as two office visits. If you do not agree with her charge, she will send the bill to a collectionagency.

Feb 7th, 2011

I went to see Dr.Zhu to day for acupuncture. She was very detail oriented. She answered every my questions cleary. She didn't rush me. Her staff very helpful, kind and polite. overall, my experience with Dr.Zhu was excellent. I will be back for my acupuncture treatment. Hopefully, I will feel better from my back pain.

Very thorough, compassionate show details Very thorough, compassionate
Dec 8th, 2010

I have had several appointments with Dr. Zhu. She keeps to her schedule, the longest I have waited is 5 min. She takes many notes,so the follow through is meticulous. She dosesn't miss anything and also keeps track to see if I have followed up with all instructions.She has a quiet compassionate manner about her, making it easy to listen and ask questions. She has never rushed me. Her office staff is efficient and kind. There is always a reminder call for an appointment. I'm sure it looks suspect not to have a lower rating somewhere, but there really are no concerns. I have lived all over the country so have had many doctors. Truly, she rates high.