A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Xiaoping Shao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Xiaoping Shao is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shao
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shao Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Xiaoping Shao, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shao graduated from Shanghai Railway Medical University.
Dr. Shao has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital
- Brockton VA Medical Center
- Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Xiaoping Shao MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Xiaoping Shao practice?
- Dr. Xiaoping Shao has 1 office location.
Dr. Xiaoping Shao practices Psychiatry near Gaithersburg, MD.
See Gaithersburg Psychiatrists.