Dr. Xiaowen Wu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

April 7th, 2015
Recently I had my physical done at Alpharetta Family Medical Clinic office. I have a surprise bill due to the specific tests that were ordered from Wu's physician's office, I have to bear the cost, if they would have explained before, I would not opted for these tests. Be aware they might be looting the money from patients or telling that they are not responsible after they have done the exam and ask you to bear the cost. Verify you insurance before you go to this office. Jenny is the front office lady, I think she is partner of the office she was very rude in handling the Insurance claim first I called in Friday, Cristina said they would come back same day or Monday, I was waiting for them to call me back on Tuesday day I have to call back second time and re-initiate why I am calling for. Very poor customer service.

February 17th, 2015
Terrible
This is the worst clinic I have ever been to. My family and I have been patients at Dr. Wu's office for several years now and the only reason we come back is because the clinic is 3 minutes from our house. Dr. Wu is friendly and I have no problems with him. His wife, Jenny, is a nightmare. She's normally in the front working as a receptionist. She has a foul attitude it's amazing they haven't lost all of their patients because of her. She'll yell at patients if she feels like it regardless if it's a big or small problem. She could care less about the patients and it shows. She recently yelled at my baby sister for something so small and that is the last straw for us. We are in the process of looking for a new family doctor. I feel bad for Dr. Wu but he should not have someone like his wife be the main person who come in contact with patients.

October 20th, 2011
Wrong diagnoses... Had to go to a different clinic and pay again.
I went to Dr Wu's family practice due to bad infection in the vaginal area... Dr Wu got into the exam room and started asking me questions about how I feel. He did not examin me physically at all! He didn't even take a swab of the discharge to be able to diagnose infection. He prescribed an antibiotics based on what I told him...To make a long story short, I took the antibiotic almost immediately fowling my visit with the doctor however 24 hrs later, the infection got worse. I was in real bad pain and called his office to talk to him and the secretary would not put him on the phone. I asked her tom leave a message for him to call me upon his availability but she said that she cannot do that. What kind of a doctor do not talk to their patient. Even a vet would return a call about their patients... So the next morning and 48 hours later, I went into his clinic first thing in the morning and asked to talk to him, but the secretary told me that I have to pay another Doctor's visit full fee. Dr Wu wouldn't even come close and discuss my issue. All they could come up with is give it some more time. Well, we all know that the antibiotics should start showing the improvement within the 1st 48 hours of the doze. It's been 2 days and I am still miserable. I got another appointment this afternoon with another reputable doctor that a friend of mine referred.

March 5th, 2010
L. Kelly
Dr. Wu is the greatest. Our entire family has been with Dr. Wu for the last 5 years. He truly cares, makes accurate diagnosises and follows up well. A+++