Family Physicians
Video profile
7320 S State Rd
Goodrich, MI 48438
810-636-2231
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wait time is HORRIFIC!  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Ramalingham by a friend. She happens to be a good 20 minute drive from me. From the first visit, I have had to wait at the LEAST 45 minutes AFTER my appointment time to see her. She does a good job with explaining things, BUT after having to wait every time for way to long in a PCP office, I don't find her office to be very time conscious. Also, Ive had a previous issue with my heart. Recently I have begun having symptoms again. I called her office because I need a referral and needed to see her first for it. After having seen her about it, she requested a test be done and that would help her figure out what type of cardiologist I needed to see. Had test done approx a week later right in their office by a company that comes in to do it. I ended up setting up a followup with her without thinking about it. About a week before my followup with her I called the office asking why this followup was necessary because ultimately I need to see a cardiologist not her for the situation. The receptionist and I went back and forth on why I should see her again and why I would rather just have the referral and get to the point of my issue. Ultimately I ended up seeing Ramalingam for a second time regarding the test results and talking about a referral AGAIN. An unnecessary appt but I complied. I waited for 1 hrs in the exam room. Having an appt time right after lunch this surprised me. It also made me feel disrespected. I had called the nurse in at about an hr wait and asked if I needed to reschedule. She told me she had one more room to go into before me. WHAT?!?!?! Also told me I should wait since I had waited that long already. Once she came into my room (5 minutes later) She rambled off my results, told me where she was sending me, and opened the door to finish her diagnosis and what she would write me for RX, with the door wide open as she was leaving. Personally, I think that is rude. She never asked me if i had questions. Never gave me a chance to even approach her about anything concerning that appt or situation. She MIGHT have spent 5 minutes in there with me. She told me her nurse would call to set up the appt at the Cardiologist. I waited 2 days to hear from them on when that appt was, and when I called to get that info, they put me on hold for 5 minutes and then picked up and said "we are setting it up now". wow. wow. wow. Ive worked in a doctors office before and I know exactly what a GOOD office does to help a patient. This is not a GOOD situation over at Ramalinghams office. Also, I had an RX i started from her after the second visit. I felt like I was having an allergic reaction (not enough for an emergency room visit) but enough that I thought they needed to be called. Receptionist took my info and what was happening and said she would let Ramalingham know. Got a call back hours later from the receptionist telling me Dr changed my RX and it would be at pharmacy. NO questions from a nurse, NO call from the Dr, no NOTHING concerning my actual allergic reaction type symptoms. Just, here.... take this instead. Didn't feel like this was accurate AT ALL!! I don't recommend this doctor. LOOK ELSEWHERE!!

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Dan S. on Mar 3rd, 2014

I recently moved back to Michigan and was looking for a doctor to meet my medical needs and found Dr. R through friends in the medical community. I have RA and other ailments...and Dr. R was very understanding and helpful. I believe the sometimes longer wait times are WORTH it...she has excellent bedside manner and is prompt with RX's and follow ups. The staff is beyond what is needed for a front office and friendly, too! I have found my doctor for life!!!!!

|  My Time is Valueable Too,,,,,  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2014

Been seeing Dr. Ramalingam for several years and have finally found a new doctor. After many many misdiagnosis" for over a year for my daughter, now she will be sick the rest of her life, this reached my breaking point. Waiting in the office waiting room for up to 2 1/2 hours at a time, and another one hour or more in the exam room itself, is too much. Getting an appt is easy since the staff double and triple books everyone, no wonder we have to wait. Appt for 9 a.m. and you may be out by 1 p.m.,,,,,Staff is super and does a great job and very friendly. Dr, Ramalingam's bedside manor tries to make you forget about the long waits, and she seems to really care about you, but without the proper equipement (No XRay Machine in her office) another trip to another facility is needed. How is that caring??? I have not been very pleased with her from the first time I met her but it was not my call. Then another time after seeing her and waiting just an hour in the lobby and 30 minutes in the exam room, an exam was done, prescriptions were wrote down and never called into the pharmacy..and it is Friday.... Trying to contact her on her pager is a joke...She never calls you back. Should we "Sue her for the misdiagnosis for my daughter because she will be sick for the rest of her life"????

|  show details
Sep 27th, 2013

She is an excellent doctor, but I'm tired of waiting for an hour or more to see her, even after I waited several weeks to get the first appointment after lunch - was still waiting for a half hour. Too frustrating.

|  THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD!!!  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

As I read through the reviews before mine, I found myself shocked and appalled! I have been a patient of Dr. Ramalingam since 2008. I have NEVER had a problem with her bedside manner, misdiagnoses, etc. As a matter of fact, she is the ONLY doctor that took the time out to actually find out what was wrong with me! There is not a time that I go into her office that I am not fully satisfied when I leave. She is VERY thorough with me, she is NEVER rude and I respect her so much that I referred my mother, sister and husband to her! It was because of Dr. R. that my sister found out that she had a thyroid problem that had gone undiagnosed for years!She is the most caring doctor that I have met. She treats my teenage daughter as well and at EVERY visit, she NEVER fails to ask my daughter how school is going and always remebers what my daughter would like to study in college! She even took time out of her busy schedule to accommodate my daughter when she needed to interview someone for her "junior interview" for school.I understand that everyone has their own select problems but looking at these reviews, someone would miss out on a GREAT doctor if it was to be based upon what I have just read!

|  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I am so unhappy with this doctor I will never go back and see her again! Waited over two hours to get in a room and then waited another hour at least to see her! She misdiagnosed my child twice! I am done! Unbelievable!

|  long wait time..  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

Staff was very very friendly and were helpful with questions. Expect LONG wait times if u plan to see this doctor.

|  Bad beside manners/ Judgmental/Jumping to Conclusions  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2010

It was very easy making an appointment with Dr.Romalingam at her Goodrich Michigan office. Her staff was nice. I needed medical attention badly. I am a wife and mother to five children. My family doctor of 15 years no longer took our insurance. I researched for a doctor on internet and a friend recommend her to me in town. She had a four star rating on the internet. I waited hour and a forty five minutes before even seeing her. And I filled out the paper work before my appointment day. She was very rude. Just looked at the paper work I had filled out for here office. She still had not received my records from my old doctor. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer over a year and finally got insurance to take care of it. She spent a whole whooping five minute of her time with me! She told me who recommend you and said I don't even know if I want to take you as a patient. The staff said they booked extra time for me and I got five minutes hmm. And had to pay her office $90.00 for this. Money I did not have to waste on this incompetent opinion. I would never recommend going to this doctor! Clearly she is not a doctor that cares. She took a oath when she became a doctor one that she does not follow. I guess I will just go died some where. Thanks Dr. Romalingam.