Psychiatrists

126 N Flagler Ave
Suite 108
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Apathetic Doctors and rude staff  |  show details
by Kim B. on Oct 18th, 2013

I took my oldest son here, who is 18. He has had a problem with ADHD, Aspberger's, depression, OCD, and ODD since he was little. He has been off his meds and unmanageable for two years now. The Dr. who saw my son would not even meet with me. He wouldn't allow me in the room to speak about his history, nor did he care to look at my son's medical records, or medication history. I also have three little ones who I had to bring with me who became hyper (what 2 and 3 year olds wouldn't be after waiting an hour?) I admit they were acting up and running around, but instead of being empathetic to my situation they asked me to leave! I felt that was highly unprofessional, and I won't be going back. Not as if they wanted me back, they made it pretty clear they wouldn't take my son as a patient. This begs the question, if the doctor's and staff aren't there to treat people who obviously need help (i.e. this family in crisis,) then what are they in this field for? Do yourself and your patients' a favor and go be a GP! They obviously didn't care to help my son. I guess they only want quiet well behaved psychiatric patients and their families in their facility. (Yes, irony was intended with that statement!)

|  Re: Dr/Nurse Prac/Staff  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

Dr. Duval & Nurse Practitioner Siegel are excellent at diagnosis & patient care. I've had a disorder my entire life and for the last several years I've been seeing the health care professionals at Duval's. They have been able to stabilize my moods with medication and therapy. I'm now married, getting an education, and able to cope with job stress and the general stresses of life, as well. As a big bonus, the office staff -- particularly Ralph, office manager -- has been a Godsend in helping to deal with the bureaucracy of insurance companies. Yes, you must wait a bit to see the doc/nurse prac, but once you're in their office, they give you all the personalized attention that you require. I happily wait for such individualized treatment. God Bless them for helping me -- it's scary to contemplate what would have happened to me without them.

|  Needs Attention!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

Dr. Duval is a pleasant, fantastic Dr. But, her staff SUCKS! They lie about appointments, try to tell you you had a different day when you know you hadn't and will argue with you over co pays when you have proof you are right. If you are late more than half an hour, they will try to charge you a late fee. But, they seem to think it's OK to keep you waiting for up to 3 hours. I blame this on the inept staff, not the Dr. They always over book and never tell her.

|  yanique is wonderful  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

its the 3ring circus she has around her that makes her not worth going to.my meds were stolen,she was on vaca instead of having a covering doc she had 3 ladys w/a language barrier who gave me a run around i was on vacation they told me to come and wair[i was an 8 hour drive away w/o seizure meds really?] the proper procedure wouldve been to have a doc,call in a emergency Rx untill my next appt,this left me disgusted w/the whole staff and ruined my childrens vaca to disney.

|  your staff mislead patients  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2010

I asked for an appt with a female doctor. I was seen by male and had no idea until I walked into his office. Psychiatry is a very sensitive branch of medicine. Please make sure your staff informs the patient and does not mislead them into seeing one of your colleagues.How can anyone trust an office/doctor that do this?

|  Terrible!  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

Either the communication between the office staff and the dr are bad or the dr or staff does not pay attention to making sure patients are seen when they need to be and have the amount of mefication needed to last between visits. I have had to go without medication because the dr has written the scripts for less than the time frame in which I was scheduled to go back and I have been scheduled in error to see the therapist when I was supposed to see the pshyiatrist for medication management and had to miss work and not get my medication. I

by Stevie B on Jun 28th, 2010

Dr Duval, is a very nice person as well as a very good doctor, having many doc's in my family i can tell you that Dr Duval is really good at what she does, i would highly recomend her and the staff to anyone as well as my own family

|  All Haitian staff, difficult to communicate with.  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2009

All the staff including the Dr. have heavy accents. The waiting room felt like a assembly line and when I finally saw the doctor, she was very quick to prescribe medications.

Jun 1st, 2009

The problem was she had me on 6 different psych meds and I ended up in the hospital with a bad reaction to all of that in my system.

May 20th, 2009

I had a hard time with her office and billing staff.