Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yasir Akhtar
Dr. Yasir Akhtar, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN, with other offices in Jefferson City, TN and Knoxville, TN. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Hospitalist. Dr. Akhtar is affiliated with Physician's Regional Medical Center. Dr. Akhtar has received 3 awards. He speaks Hindi and English.
Dr. Yasir Akhtar has the following 4 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness...
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency...
Dr. Yasir Akhtar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.
Dr. Carl Thompson
Hospitalist, Internal Medicine
Knoxville, TN 0 mi27
Dr. Janice Walker-Fillmore
Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine
Knoxville, TN 0 mi33
Dr. David Cox
Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine
Knoxville, TN 0 mi34