Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Never would recommend  |  show details
by Not going back on Nov 3rd, 2014

During multiple visits with Dr. Khan, she dismissed legitimate health concerns I had (i.e. night sweats), tried to push anti-anxiety meds on me without reason (no other doctor I see has ever even suggested I need anti-anxiety medication) and also used her position of authority to indicate that my life decisions were wrong. She seemed to label you as a certain type of person before you even started talking based on your race, education and other information you have to provide your doctor with. All of my friends were horrified when I told them about my encounters with her. Finding a new doctor is time-consuming and there's always a long wait time since you're a new patient, but I did it after a few visits and I wish I had done it sooner. My new doctor, Dr. Melinda Velez, is fantastic - the opposite of Dr. Khan in about every way.

|  In good hands  |  show details
by BLP on Jul 24th, 2014

I've read the past reviews and I must say rating the Dr by her employees can be quite misleading. I've been a patient for about 6 months and can say that every interaction I've had with Dr. Khan was pleasant. She is personable, sensitive to my questions and available when an emergency arises (I can attest to all of these). Most of all she is knowledgable and presented me with options and encouraged the least risk option first. Per the staff, having worked in a clinic before myself I understand you can get the 'rushed' feeling and 'attitude' from the staff at times... At the end of the day you have to assess if its just a single experience or an ongoing issue. For me the staff, are overall very kind and helpful. Overall, I truly believe God has me in good hands.

|  Outstanding Care For Hysterectomy  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Khan's since 2008. I have been to 4 other OB/Gyn physicians in the Dallas Metroplex. All the physicians were Board Certified, as is Dr. Khan but she is the Most thorough and most caring.The office staff is about the same amongst all physicians. In this field of medicine there are emergencies. Babies decide when they want to be born therefore, the wait time is never the same for scheduled appointments.Her skills are current with the new Robotic technology. I highly recommend Dr. Khan.

|  don't go to her  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2012

I never write reviews but felt i need to warn future patients about Dr. Khan. She forces your to follow her decision and doesn't support you through the end. I will never go to her again. Her office staff is so inexperienced and don't risk your baby's health in their hands.

|  Wish I would have read this before choosing this Doctor  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

All about money not about overall care. My son was born over a year and half and they are still hounding me about $25 that they said they forgot to tell us about but my records and the insurance records show paid in full.

|  Excellent care and professionalism  |  show details
May 26th, 2012

I am very satisfied with Dr Khan and will recommend her without hesitation.

|  bad experience  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

I have waited more than 45 minutes in her office during my pregnancy visits. I went into labor the evening of the same day I had my visit to her office, 25 days prior to my delivery date. She checked the cervix dilation and told me everything seems ok and I will be delivering around my due date. I had a normal delivery next day, but she arrived 5 minutes later after my delivery, a nurse delivered my baby. On top of that, my baby had a nuchal cord twice around her neck when she was delivered and did not breathe for a minute or so after she was delivered. But I am thankful that her heart beat didn't go below normal at that time.All the nurses in the room were alarmed and there was such a tense situation in the room. I lost my trust on her and I cannot refer her for anyone else's baby.

|  Three Abortions in a row with the same reason  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

Three of my friends went to this Dr. The doctor never had time to talk to the patients or never visited them. The only person visited was the practicing nurse.The nurse is extremely rude and does not write any details of the patients visit in their file.I could only say that the nurse is extremely ignorant and Dr.Khan having this nurse take all her patients responsibilities in her clinic is very irresponsible. I would never recommend any of my family or friends goto her.

|  Great MD, not so great office staff  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

I had an unexpected health issue and Dr. Khan and her PA were excellent with my diagnosis and care. I will not be going back, however, because of the office staff. I have gone to this office 3 times and have been billed incorrectly each time. When I spoke with the billing person she made me feel like I did something wrong. She kept insisting that I must have come to the office 2 days in a row on one bill and that's why I was "correctly" double billed. Nothing in her record book showed I was seen 2 days in a row and I insisted to her that I was at work on this "second day" so it would be impossible for me to be at the MD office. Each billing issue was them double billing me, and the billing person just said she would "take care of it" for me as a "favor". It was their mistake so shouldn't she take care of it as her job?? I also had issues with my appointments being cancelled. I received notice one day before for one appt and just a few hours before my scheduled appt on another occasion. The cancelled visits were due to surgeries the MD had to perform- both were scheduled surgeries, not last minute emergency surgeries. If these are scheduled conflicts, shouldn't I get a notice well before just 2 hours before my appt? I really do like Dr. Khan and her PA, but I don't have time with my hectic work schedule for my MD appts to keep getting cancelled at the last minute.

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

Not only she is superb doctor, but an amazing person, I always recommend her to all new expecting mothers.

|  none  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

This letter is to inform you of events that took placed and where unnecessary. Originally, I went to the doctor for my yearly check-up, from that visit I was never inform of the result and then when I contacted the office that stated that they only contact you if something is wrong (which I was not aware of). Then doctor said that if I began to have a period to contact her, which I did. When I spoke to the office they told me I needed to come into see the doctor. When I arrived I had to wait for two hour (30 mins in the lobby waiting to be called and 1 hours in the exam room). Then the doctors visit did not last but 10 mins and it was not the doctor but the nurse practitioner which was not pleasant. As she explained what she believed was the problem. She only gave me one option and did not even try to explain the issue. Being a patient, I feel that it is the job of a doctor to do only what is necessary and in a professional and educated way and making the patients feel at ease. The only option she gave me was for a procedure to take place in the office. I explained that I did not want to do the procedure but the information she told me, made me concerned and even scared. And she only used physician jargon which I did not understand. As she did the procedure it became very painful and I informed her to stop and she fused. And this did not improve the situation. Now that I have seeked a second opinion, I was told that the procedure was not needed. I now have been billed after the insurance was submitted and paid and all for a visit that was not handle professionally or correctly.

|  excellent  |  show details
by tom rahman on Apr 7th, 2010

truly excellent

|  show details
Jun 3rd, 2009

She is a good doctor and a great person.

|  Wonderful Physican and Person  |  show details
by Theresa Herd on Aug 22nd, 2008

Dr.Khan is a marvelous physican, surgeon and a truly compassionate person.She is extremely through and gifted as well. She and her staff are without a blemish.I had to have extensive surgeries and was very nervous,Dr.Khan and her staff were more than supportive and caring through out the entire process.I cannot recommend her highly enough.(And have to all of my female friends and family members.)