Dr. Yasser Shaib Is this you?

7 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Yasser Shaib?

Dismissive and condescending

Posted on September 19th, 2013

First of all, Dr. Shaib didn't even examine me. He simply asked a few questions about my symptoms & said I probably just have acid reflux. He made the assumption that I eat large meals & fatty/sugary foods (I don't) & told me to lose weight (I've already lost 100+ lbs). He never even asked about my eating habits or lifestyle. Even though I told him I had taken every type of OTC drug, even doubling & tripling dosages, for years with little to no effect, he gave me a Rx for a VERY expensive drug, saying if it was too expensive to just use the OTC stuff for 3 months then come back for a re-evaluation. All this without ANY sort of examination! Any question or response I gave was met with indignity & brushed off. The whole "exam" lasted maybe 3 minutes before he left. Needless to say, I am looking for another doctor.

Posted on July 21st, 2015