Dr. Yatin Patel, MD

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Review of Dr. Patel  |  show details
by Joanna C on Nov 18th, 2014

The entire staff was so pleasant and helpful. Dr. Patel was very thorough and informative. I will definitely refer my friends and family.

|  A World Class Doctor Choosing to Practice in Northern Indiana  |  show details
by Marc Royer Ph.D. on Oct 23rd, 2014

I have read these reviews of Dr. Patel and his practice. I NEVER fill out this kind of thing, but after reading some of these reviews I feel really compelled to jump right in. I STRONGLY urge you all to weigh my observations and comments against anything negative said about Dr. Patel on vitals.com. First--you will not receive better care ANYWHERE than Dr. Patel and his Sneeze/Snooze Clinic staff. Dr. Patel is literally world class in his profession. Goshen Indiana and the surrounding area is fortunate to have him here. He takes a genuine interest in the care of his patient. I am a high profile speaking professional who has written over 20 books. Dr. Patel and his work with me literally saved my life. He is as honest as it gets--he told me the things in my life that needed to change. Telling the truth to help you increase your quality of life is what a true professional and helpful Doctor does. I suspect that those who are write negative comments about a Doctor are ones who were told to do things the know they need to do but are resistant. We all need to be honest with ourselves. Dr. Patel gave me the opportunity to change things in my life that helped me lead a better life. Further, I can't say enough great things about his staff. They are helpful, caring, and at the same time interested in you and your well being. Financially speaking--his accounting department is approachable and courteous in any and all billing questions. I have been to Dr. Patel's literally dozens upon dozens of times because of my condition. If I have needed to talk about my bill, his office is always open to help--even if it means to make payments on a bill. If you are honest with him as a Doctor and his staff with what you need they ALWAYS help--even more--come to the rescue. I have been out of town, out of the state, and even once out of the country and had respiratory distress and the help is always immediate. Look at his reply to the negative comments. He is always trying to help and resolve issues--always interested in your care. I have all the problems: complex allergies, refractory asthma, acute sleep apnea, but Dr. Patel and his team help me live a better life than I should be able to--and wouldn't be able to with out them. If in doubt, go to Amazon and order one of Dr. Patel's books. He is a genius in the treatment of people. Ask him any question and he will help you navigate it. Best wishes for your best health! Also--if I can be of further help to any of you don't hesitate to ask. Rev. Marc Royer Ph.D., Goshen Indiana

|  Review  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2014

Everyone was very nice, cheerful, smiles. I would definitely recommend anyone to this facility.

|  My asthma is gone!  |  show details
by Julie K on Oct 8th, 2014

For years I was suffering with horrible asthma attacks, I'm so thankful I received allergy tests, it has helped me breathe again! Everyone was so friendly and helpful

Oct 4th, 2014

This rating is on the pulmonary part of Dr. Patel's practice. You wouldn't know this by the sign outside his office. His heart is not in the pulmonary part of his practice. I am now happily established with Dr. Walid Hadid who is very good and keeps up with new treatment and clinical trials for COPD. If you have lung problems I recommend staying away from Dr. Patel.

Doctor's Response

My apologies for your bad experience at our clinic. I am glad that you are well cared for by Dr Hadid. You are correct; my passion is allergy and sleep medicine. I am referring my patients with COPD to Dr Hadid myself. Thanks and God bless you.

Apr 9th, 2014

With first appointment I told doctor that I had a deviated septum but was still given cpap mask that, after further investigation, was contraindicated for patients with deviated septums. Also felt that follow up calls to me by staff suggested that supplies were free, though we were later billed for. Overall felt that the clinic's main goal was not to help me but to make big profits.

Doctor's Response

Thanks for taking time to share your feelings. Please call 574-534-9911 and speak to Angie in the billing department and she will write off the charges that she can legally write off . CPAP can be difficult to tolerate especially with a deviated septum. I hope you sleep well and feel well. God bless you. - Dr Patel

|  Great Customer Service  |  show details
by Cierra Caudill on Mar 6th, 2014

I always have such a wonderful experience at every dr visit I go to. It starts with the staff when you first walk in they always are so kind and always have smiling faces. I am always greeted with an offer of a cookie and something to drink. Another thing I value about this office and dr is the promptness of getting me in a room and being seen. I love that I wait no longer then a few minutes to be seen and the dr is always in within a few min as well. As for the dr he is one of the most kindest soft spoken people you will ever meet. I like that he doesn't rush the appt he always makes sure you understand everything fully before you leave the appt. Overall I would recommend this dr office to anyone needing the type of services he offers. Keep up the good work!!!

|  Dr. Patel has changed my life  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2013

I would really like to say "Thank You" so much Dr.Patel. I have been coming to the Sneeze and Snooze Clinic for the last 6 1/2 years. I first started seeing Dr. Patel for my sleep apnea. I have been on a cpap machine ever since. I sleep so much better now and feel wonderful when I wake up in the morning. My wife actually gets to sleep too. No more snoring she says. I also see Dr.Patel and or Debbie for my allergies. When my allergies act up I know I can count on the Sneeze and Snooze Clinic to get me in right away to see either Dr.Patel or Debbie. The friendly staff they have there are also wonderful. They always have a big smile on their faces. How many doctor's can you go to and be offered coffee, ice tea and cookies. This clinic will make you feel better the minute you walk in. I would recommend this clinic for anyone that has allergies or sleep apnea. They really know how to make a person feel better. Thanks again to Dr.Patel and his staff.

|  His license should be revoked  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2013

I had just spent two days in the hospital with an exacerbation of previously diagnosed COPD. My hospital critical care department put me on nebulizer treatments, and in conjunction with my internist, placed me on Prednisone, home nebulizer treatments, Advair, and Daliresp. I had been diagnosed eight years earlier at the renowned Mayo Clinic. My internist wanted me to see a pulmonologist. She sent me to Patel. Patel spent three minutes with me and told me there was nothing wrong with me other than anxiety! The state should revoke his medical license and he should NEVER be allowed to practice again. For your own health, stay away from this man!

Doctor's Response

My sincere most apology. You had a normal CT chest and a normal spirometry, which would make COPD diagnosis impossible. I recommended a Bronchoprovocation challenge PFT to evaluate your dyspnea. You refused this test and left my clinic saying "I will see my own doctor." God bless you.

|  LOVE THIS OFFICE  |  show details
by Desiree on May 3rd, 2013

I would recommend people to come here, place is amazing. Everyone you see in here always have a smile on their face and always greets you as you walk in. My visit was great, i found out what i needed to know and ever since then i have been perfect. :) it was awesome!

|  Wonderful staff, caring doctor  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

I saw Dr Patel for my irritating cough and found him to be knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate professional. His staff is extremely pleasant and welcoming. Thank you.

Nov 12th, 2012

I really appreciate all that Dr. Patel has done to help my family with sleep apnea and allergies. He is very kind, and so are all of the staff members.

|  BEWARE! Just out for your insurance dollars!  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

While the service at the office is prompt and friendly, I found out the hard way that Dr. Patel will quickly add on services that you don't need and that your referring doctor did not request. I went in for a sleep study and came out being told I had severe allergies (despite having no symptoms) and two prescriptions for this exaggerated diagnosis. My records were not forwarded back to my doctor until I called and demanded them to be sent. Turns out they were either never sent or sent to the WRONG DOCTOR. All the extra shots, meds, and appts left me confused and frustrated. I was stressed out and scared for my health until I spoke with my own doctor who debunked some of the "data" that Dr. Patel's office provided. The name Sleep & Snooze Clinic should have clued me in. These two issues don't seem to initially go together, but Dr. Patel will find a way for you to need (and pay for) both services. I was most likely two appointments away from being in his office on a regular basis getting allergy shots for things when I show no symptoms. Thank goodness for 20/20 hindsight kicking in early to stop this cycle. My insurance won't be paying for anymore of their "services". I feel ripped off.

Doctor's Response

My sincere most apology for the unpleasant experience above patient had with our Sneeze & Snooze Clinic. We have taken following steps to address these issues. 1. We make doubly sure that the reports get to the referring doctors within 24 hours. 2. The "unnecessary tests" that is being referred in the above comment were done because the symptoms of allergies were reported during the initial visit. We are making sure now that the patients understand the need for these services before we perform them. We did write off all the charges in above case not only for the allergy tests, but also for the office visit, and for the CPAP study. If there are anymore charges to be written off, please call our billing person, Angie, at 574-534-9911 and she will write them off too. We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to serve you. God bless you.