Dr. Yechiel Berkowicz MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

December 31st, 2010
Dr. B is awesome.
Dr. B has been my doctor since I was 23. I'm now 37. I have never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for my appointment. The office enforces appointment times strictly. They stay on schedule by using hospitalists instead of making rounds and by using a physician's assistant for sick visits. Most importantly, they do not allow the doc to fall behind schedule due to other patients being late. If you are late for your appointment, you have to reschedule. I really appreciate not being held hostage in the waiting room. The doc spends the time with me and I feel listened to.He has helped treat my migraines very effectively. Mine had gotten so bad, I was hospitalized for them and a specialist saw me. However, Dr. B's staff checked up on me every day to make sure I got the appropriate care. As far as sick visits go, my doc uses a physician's assistant so that he and the other docs in the practice are able to spend ample time with previously scheduled patients. The physician's assistant can write prescriptions and order tests, however she always runs things past the physician. A few times, I had something out of the ordinary and the physician's assistant had the doc stop in the room just to be sure that I got the right treatment.Two years ago, I had my gall bladder removed. I had very strange symptoms and no stones were revealed on the ultrasound. (They have one in the office.) I had come back a few times and had gotten scripts for pain but the pain had gotten way worse. Dr. B was very concerned and had my husband take me directly to the ER. They diagnosed me with pancreatitis and discovered that since my gallbladder duct wasn't working right, the gall bladder needed to be removed. Dr. B has a GI guy in his offices and that is the surgeon who did my surgery.My pain was gone after the surgery but came back six months later in the same spot and also my lower left side and back. I saw Dr. B. He asked me a few questions and then just looked at me funny. He said, "You don't look right at all. There is nothing on any of the tests or my exam that look wrong, but your symptoms combined with your appearance concern me. Can your husband take you to the hospital now?" His office called the ER to let them know I was coming. Turns out I had pancreatitis caused by a birth defect in my pancreas and a blocked liver duct. Thanks to Dr. B's sharp eye, I went to the hospital where a pancreas and liver specialist performed an ERCP which corrected the problem.Dr. B really seems to care about me and remembers my nickname. The phones sometimes get busy but you can go to the office website to make an appointment request or even leave a message for your physician. It helps a lot not to have to sit on hold and have the office call you. I'm very pleased with this practice that consists of 8 doctors. I did not hesitate to refer my husband and my mother to this doctor. They are pleased as well.The office has a lab, ultrasound, GI doc, ekg, and physical therapist onsite.