Dr. Yee-Ru Chen DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 5th, 2015
Do not see this dr.
Brusque, condescending and rushed. Argued against a referral for physical therapy but insisted I see a psychiatrist for eval for bipolar disorder due to intermittent stress and insomnia after speaking to me for less than 5 minutes. I now have to go back to my old primary doc on the other side of Houston to get this recommendation reviewed. I don't know what the implications of not following a referral for a psychiatric disorder are but I do know that even the mention of it and people, including Dr Chen, treat you as if you are less credible and have less license to act on your own behalf. A referral for a psychiatric disorder should be treated with greater gravity, and all patients with more respect.

October 6th, 2014
Terrible, not going back!
The reviews about this doctor not caring about her patients are true. First of all, her nurse was VERY rude, and didn't even respond to a question I had. When I chuckled at her audacity and asked the question again, she got very belligerent and gave me a non-answer. Then doctor Chen walked into the office like she was in a hurry, didn't introduce herself to me (we were there for my husband) or even look at me for that matter. When she talked to my husband, she stared down her nose at him almost like she didn't like him, and her responses to his questions were rude and aggressive. We both left there asking ourselves why she would treat us that way. Did we do something to upset her? I don't know, maybe she's just an angry person, but we will NEVER go back. And I'm going to leave a review like this on as many sites as I can to get the word out.

August 1st, 2013
Dr. Chen was rude and short with me during my office visit. I was having stomach problems and she diagnosed me by an old colonoscopy I had five years ago. She would not even make an attempt to do blood work to see if I had a more serious condition.

July 18th, 2012
Awesome doctor!
As a first timer having to find a doctor I was very pleased with selecting Dr. Chen. She was kind, but direct - exactly what I was looking for!

February 1st, 2010
As a new patient Dr. Chen made sure she knew as much of my medical history from my file as she could before seeing me and it kept me from having to repeat all my medical history thus saving time spent in office.

October 13th, 2009
moves through patients
I have been going to this doctor for about 2 years for miscelaneous things. She is not good with informing you on what is going on with your body. She does not take the time to learn about her patient. She is quick to medicate instead of finding the problem. But the clincher was, I have been a mild asthmatic for over 15 years now. I don't need a daily inhailer, but do rely on albuteral to save my life when an attack hits. I just ran out of the last of mine from almost 2 years ago and needed a refill. 1 week after the request, the pharmacy, not even the doctor, calls me to tell me that it was denied. I called the doctor's office and she needs me to pay her for another visit in order to get my refill. If I have to schedule an appointment after weezing for a week, it's with a doctor that cares about me being able to breath, not this one.

September 1st, 2016