Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists

Oak Lawn
5303 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75390
214-648-5555
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Quiero a mis murcielaguitos conmigo!!  |  show details
by Murcielaga Quiroz on Dec 29th, 2013

I went to visit Dr Yee for a Psiquiatric consultation due to my ex husband telling me that I was crazy!! . He was using legal abuse by Texas law family.

|  She's a good Psychiatrist  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

I prefer Dr. Thein to be professional, and anyone should expect it on their very first visit, I mean come on. Yes she goes through a check list and asks you why you are there. That is expected, how else can she build a file on you that is accurate so she can help you to the full potential.She's not all smily and friendly, but she does ask questions, answers your questions good and accurately, and will take the time to explain how a medicine works in your body, and will ask you how you feel about increase/decrease meds and make you comfortable with your choices.There is nothing wrong with her telling you what you can do to make your quality of life better. Sometimes the truth hurts, noone wants to feel bad about themselves, but that is why we went to see a Psychiatrist, because something is wrong. I like her.

May 8th, 2012

Wow, She is one of a kind that is for sure. No that is NOT a compliment! I have only spent a few minutes inside the office. I am not sure she even hears what I am saying. I only go back for my meds However I am looking for a new Dr. as I write this review. She is harsh, and uncaring!

Apr 12th, 2012

Dr. Thein is very articulate and well studied in all drugs related to depression & anxiety. She takes the time you need. Very professional. Will work with you to get the EXACT drug that YOUR body needs. It took 4 months, but she did not give up on me.

|  Great  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

Dr. Thein is definitely not the ordinary psychiatrist. She can be a tid-bit cold but in the sense that she makes you look at yourself and try to find ways to help yourself instead of just giving you the answer. When you fill out patient paperwork she is very blunt about letting you know that if you don't want her help, don't want to do what you need to do, then she will not see you. You will be wasting her time but most of all you will be wasting your own time. I was a taken aback by this comment but after going to a Psychiatrist for over 1/2 my life she is the perfect fit for me. I know what I need to do if I want to help myself and she is there to guide. Sure she tells you things you don't want to hear but she makes you realize that this is something you need to change if you want to be happy. She doesn't have typical bedside manners, but in a way that is good for her field. You don't want someone babying you and feeling sorry for you. You want someone to tell it like it is. Not sugar coated. IF you cant handle the truth as she puts it then go elsewhere. If you want a doctor that will see you, tell you what she thinks - no matter how harsh it may be - and follow the guidelines of her practice (taking your meds and showing up for appointments) then see her. I've been seeing her for a year after a doctor wouldn't see me after having a severe reaction to the meds they put me on. I've been pretty stable since and I do owe it to her attitude.

|  Very Good  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2010

Dr. Thein is professional and kind. I will definitely be seeing her as my psychiatrist.

Sep 23rd, 2010

She is very professional. helpful, and is very knowlegable with medication.Sh explained thoroughly about the treatment option and give you choices.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Jennifer Cortez on Aug 26th, 2010

One of the best doctors I have ever had. Definitely the best in mental health. I have been a patient for almost six years.

|  Not impressed  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2010

Pros:It was pretty easy to make an appointmentDr. Thein was thorough and professionalThe office is conveniently located off I-35, and in a pretty nice area of Lewisville The secretary was very sweet and helpfulCons:Dr. Thein is very cold and bluntI don't really feel like she was listening to what I was sayingI felt like she was very condescendingI told her about some medication that I had been on before but it didn't work for me...and she basically told me I was wrong and it was not that the medication was not working...it was all in my head.I felt like she rushed through the appointment to get me out of the doorShe gave me a prescription and did not ask if I had any questions...she just gave me a handout and told me to find a therapist to deal with my "issues"So, overall I think she is professional but lacks a bedside manner. If you are looking for a doctor with compassion, look elsewhere. She is somewhat less expensive (but not cheap by any means) than other psychiatrists I researched...but you get what you pay for. If your sole purpose is to get a prescription and get in and out, she is a good option. If you are looking for a doctor with sympathy, she is not it. Keep in mind that I read all the other reviews before going, and she is either loved or hated by her clientele. She is the first psychiatrist I have ever been yo so I have nothing to compare her to.I hope this was helpful.

Apr 26th, 2010

Her bedside manner is nonexistent. She repeatedly asked me questions such as, "Why were you diagnosed with this?" when referring to previous physician's diagnoses. It felt as though she wanted to fit me into a nice little bipolar box, and it's just not that easy. I won't be going back.

Jan 26th, 2010

She is very thorough. went through all aspect of my problem, knowledgable, straight forward and gave best suggestion . Also explained about nature of issue and options of medication and treatment.

Nov 11th, 2009

She is very friendly and pleasant and knowledgable . Answer the question promptly.

Nov 11th, 2009

good, knowledgable, proffessional.

|  Needs Bedside manner  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2009

Last year I went to see her per recommendation by someone.I never seen any doctor with such poor professionalism and total lacking of bedside mannerism. here is why, instead of listening or showing any interest in her new patients, her first question to me was so blunted "why are you here?" this was happening all time she was sitting behind her desk. I felt the total humiliation because her mannerism which she was engaging with her. She spent less than 10 min and I was out the door. I wasted my monies and most importantly values time.I WILL not recommend her to anyone .

|  Don't waste your time and money  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2009

This doctor lacks customer service skills and social skills. She did not walk me back to her office. She did not try to establish a rapport with me and find out my reason for being there. Instead, she spent an hour going through a checklist with me and staring at me over her glasses. Her demeanor was very rude. I felt like I was being interrogated. Who wants to tell someone about how they feel when they are treated like that? Don't waste your time and money on her when there are plenty of doctors to chose from in the Dallas area.