Dr. Yesim Gulecyuz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 22nd, 2012
Great doctor
I went for my yearly exam and when asked what else was going on with me, I said my arthritis in my neck seemed to be spreading to my clavicle Dr. Gulecyuz told me to make an appointment with my primary care physician. I said I had a regular appt. set up in two months. She then called my other doctor and made an appt. for me that day. I think she could tell I didn't see any urgency. It turned out they found a shadow near my lung and it turned out to be a benign tumor the size of a large potato. I felt Dr. Gulecyuz went above and beyond by listening and identifying my lack of urgency. I thought it was "just" arthritis and it could wait. I don't know what may have happened if I waited a couple of months to see my GP.

April 25th, 2011
Does not listen
I enjoyed most of the doctors at Southwest, but will not return due to this Dr. Gulecyuz. Unfortunately, you cannot schedule visits with any one doctor, so you get who you get, and I got her often. I understand they have a high volume of patients there, but I saw her repeatedly and every time she came in, she would reintroduce herself. If she had even glanced at the chart, she would've seen that she was the doctor who had me last time and could at least pretend to remember me! It was my first child so I had a ton of questions and concerns and she frequently brushed them off to the side. She misdiagnosed an infection that I had after delivery, sent a culture off to figure out what it was and never called me back! When I called the offcie back, they informed me that she had contacted an infectious disease doctor because she thought I had something very serious. If you were concerned enough to call an infectious disease doc, wouldn't you think follow up of your patient would be pretty important, especially one caring for a newborn baby?Overall, she was rude, did not listen and didn't show any concern for her patients. It's a shame since I really enjoyed the other doctors in this practice.

April 15th, 2008