Neurological Surgeons, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
Community Care Network
801 MacArthur Blvd
Ste 405
Munster, IN 46321
219-836-5167
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  I feel like I was scammed.  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

I went to him for back pain. He threw pain pills at me to shut me up. When I insisted that I wanted to identify the problem and did not want pills he ran tests and identified three problem areas. During surgery, he chose to only address two of the areas "hoping" that would be enough to solve the problem. Now I am left with the same pain, and the need for more surgery to fully fix the problem that was identified in the first place. In addition, his office was incompetent when completing and sending needed paperwork. I was often charged inconsistently for procedures, and for ones that were never done. I am now thousands and thousands of dollars in dept and in the same pain I was in when I walked in his office. I would never recommend him to anyone and would warn people to stay away. Period.

|  This man is scam - BEWARE!  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

Despite the fact that he has zero bed side manner, my entire experience cost me thousands of dollars and left me in the exact same pain I was in when I entered. He chose during surgery not to operate on all of the areas that were causing pain - claiming that he hoped that it would be alright in the end. He never believed me when I expressed my pain, and in the end, I will require another surgery to address my problems. In addition, it was a constant battle for them to send the appropriate paperwork out that I needed. This man is a scam, and I would warn anyone from using him - as he is after your money, not there to help you. There is something sketchy when the pain management doctor, the neurosurgeon and the anesthesiologist are either related or one door away from one another. I have countless bills from mysterious doctors and procedures that I have never heard of and were never done. I would go in for the same procedure, but each bill was for a different amount. They are money hungry scam artists. BEWARE!!

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by William D. Canty on Jun 11th, 2013

Dr. Khavkin has worked with me over the past two years. I had one semi-successful surgery for lumbar spinal disc degeneration. I am awaiting additional surgery, pending approval by my insurance company. I trust Dr. Khavkin to perform this delicate and challenging surgery. My quality of life will deteriorate without the surgery I require to repair my degenerative disc damage. Dr. Khavkin is easy to talk to and is a top surgeon in his field. He has been recognized for performing difficult surgery that only a few doctors in the world are qualified to perform. I trust Dr. Khavkin and am glad he is my doctor.

|  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

Sad that he is no longer in Evanston.