Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

I feel like I was scammed. show details I feel like I was scammed.
Sep 5th, 2013

I went to him for back pain. He threw pain pills at me to shut me up. When I insisted that I wanted to identify the problem and did not want pills he ran tests and identified three problem areas. During surgery, he chose to only address two of the areas "hoping" that would be enough to solve the problem. Now I am left with the same pain, and the need for more surgery to fully fix the problem that was identified in the first place. In addition, his office was incompetent when completing and sending needed paperwork. I was often charged inconsistently for procedures, and for ones that were never done. I am now thousands and thousands of dollars in dept and in the same pain I was in when I walked in his office. I would never recommend him to anyone and would warn people to stay away. Period.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by William D. Canty on Jun 11th, 2013

Dr. Khavkin has worked with me over the past two years. I had one semi-successful surgery for lumbar spinal disc degeneration. I am awaiting additional surgery, pending approval by my insurance company. I trust Dr. Khavkin to perform this delicate and challenging surgery. My quality of life will deteriorate without the surgery I require to repair my degenerative disc damage. Dr. Khavkin is easy to talk to and is a top surgeon in his field. He has been recognized for performing difficult surgery that only a few doctors in the world are qualified to perform. I trust Dr. Khavkin and am glad he is my doctor.

Apr 19th, 2011

Sad that he is no longer in Evanston.