Dr. Yi-Meng Yen MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Boston, MA

4.8

January 8th, 2016
I would definitely recommend Dr. Yen. I have only seen him once so far, but it was a very productive visit, we found the source of my pain (after seeing many other doctors who helped to narrow down the cause of my pain), and now surgery is scheduled to fix it. If you want answers, go to Dr. Yen.

November 16th, 2015
scar tissue and nerve damage from hip
I think some people have had good experience with dr. Yen and surgery, but I did not. After hip surgery with dr. Yen I was left with a massive amount of scar tissue and nerve damage. I think he used excessive force to get into hip capsule.

October 26th, 2014
The best orthapedic surgon
Dr.Yen was very patient and he always explained everything so that we could understand. When I broke my arm in two place(my wrist and my elbow) and cracked my humorous bone on the monkey bars he told me everything I needed to know.

September 4th, 2012
My hero
After being a dancer for so long, i had injured my hip. I had been to 5 different doctors before I met Dr. Yen and none of them could work with me because my MRI's and x-rays didn't show anything, and sometimes i didn't think they believed me when i said i was in extreme pain. When i first went into Dr. Yen's office i didn't have any expectations but he sent me for another round of tests and eventually we pin pointed where the pain was coming from. My joint. He recommended surgery, and at this point i was up for anything that might give me relief so i agreed, and it was the best choice i ever made. Once Dr. Yen was in my hip he realized it was a mess. My bone was shaped awkwardly, my labrum was torn and there was something detattched in the joint. My surgery was a month ago, and i now have no pain in my hip. A few months ago i had no hope in pursuing my dreams as a dancer, but thanks to Dr. Yen i'm on the road to recovery.

June 24th, 2012
100% Recommend
Dr. Yen is truly a blessing. I have a genetic disorder which makes me a very complicated case. I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Yen, with at least 2 more in my future. His bedside manner is amazing. He is so kind and compassionate. You can see how much he truly cares for his patients. I travel to Boston from PA and he makes sure he sees me every time I am at Children's, regardless of whether or not it was planned/scheduled. I recommend him to everyone who asks. I have never worked with another doctor as honest and caring as him.

October 11th, 2011
Surgery Patient
Dr. Yen is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever worked with. Dr. Yen and his team bring the highest expertise attainable. Dr. Yen takes tremendous pride in his practice of orthopedics and sports medicine. There is no other doctor that I would have more trust in for any ailment than Dr. Yen. In addition, I was extremely taken back by his honesty and kindness. I recommend Dr. Yen or any other physician on his team.

April 26th, 2011
Dr. Yen is the BEST!
Very caring, very competent, helpful, understanding, excellent technical knowledge but able to explain things in an easy-to-understand manner. So kind and patient, never makes you feel like you're wasting his time--really cares about his patients! HIGHLY recommend him. Wish there were more stars to give!

March 28th, 2011
He is an overall excellent doctor. Dr. Yen performed two major knee surgeries on my daughter and they went great. We are seeing him again today, to talk about the possibility of having a third surgery.

May 1st, 2010
Dr. Yen is fantastic. He truly cares about his patients and it makes a noticeable difference. Very honest. He spent a long time explaining everything. He returned phone calls within a couple of hours and answered e-mails promptly. Highly reccomended!