Dr. Yijun Yan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Yijun Yan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 4th, 2014

I like Dr. Yan very much, & would highly recommend her.

July 23rd, 2013

I don't like to be mean, but ...

Dr. Yan ignored all of my symptoms and basically everything I told her when she learned I had previously been diagnosed with depression (despite the fact that I have had depression for over 15 years, and yet these completely different and progressive symptoms for less than 2 years); at this point she asked what tests "I want," as if I am a doctor or have had any previous medical training. To summarize, Dr. Yan does not just practice bad medicine, she appears to be completely irrational. The entire 5 minutes left me bewildered and upset.

July 20th, 2013

Great...and I've seen many neurologists

I have MS so I see a neurologist regularly. I generally have to wait for Dr Yan to see me, but she spends time with me. She give me my options, does not rush the exam, and explains what/why she is doing what she is doing. There is a little bit of a language barrier, but it is not enough to change. This is the only physician that has ever called me at home personally to give me test results or talk to me about options in treatment. I really appreciate that.

June 16th, 2008

NEVER see this doctor!

This was my first trip to a neurologist so I had never had the nerve shock test done or the test that involves sticking somesort of needle or something ( I still don't know) into the muscle. After the routine examination of my shoulder dr.Yan asked me if I had ever had a test done that evaluates whether or not I had nerve or muscle damage. I said no and she left it at that. Now, usually if a patient has never had a test done the doctor will explain the basics of it. She did not, she let me be completely and extremely painfully surprised when an electric shock was sent to my fingers and then up my arm. When that test was over she moved right into a test that examines muscles, without even telling me that she was going on to something more painful. she then stuck whatever sort of needle thing into the muscle in my hand and THEN said little poke! If you intend to do a test the actually makes your patient bleed.... TELL THEM!! I am twenty years old and have had a hip replacement along with many other painful experiences and I haven't cried in a doctor's office since I was about seven and I was terrified of getting a shot. I cried when the cold hearted dr.Yan did those tests. Not only were they very painful but the doctor doing the tests didn't care at all that I was crying in pain. She never said a word to me throught the ten or fifteen minutes that these test consumed. When she was done all she said was that she didn't see anything wrong with my shoulder and I wouldn't need a follow up. I wouldn't have scheduled a follow up if she told me my life depended on it! NEVER see this doctor. She is a machine just doing her job and doesn't really care about the patients well being.

April 17th, 2017