Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

POOR FOLLOWUP AND LACK OF CONCERN show details POOR FOLLOWUP AND LACK OF CONCERN
Nov 18th, 2015

I saw Dr. Smith in October 2015 for a problem I was having with hormones. During the visit she was short with me, chomped on gum the entire time, and neglected to mention my high blood pressure reading of 151/95. I didn't learn how high my blood pressure was until I read an office summary of my visit with her. Dr. Smith had me do lab work which ultimately revealed I had a thyroid problem. She subsequently sent me a note indicating that she had called in a prescription and that I should see her in 4 weeks. After 3 attempts to reach Dr. Smith requesting to learn more details about this new thyroid diagnosis, and answers to some very specific questions, Dr. Smith finally had her nurse call me and give me the same limited information, "take the medicine and see me in 4 weeks." New health diagnosis but no followup, no response to requests for more detailed information, prognosis, cause, etc. I was VERY disappointed with the quality of service I received from Dr. Smith. There is no adequate reason why a doctor would disrespect and essentially ignore a patient's request to learn more about a health issue for which that doctor has made a diagnosis. Absolutely no reason. I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Smith to anyone seeking a medical opinion.

by Nadia Lutfi on Sep 5th, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Ynolde Smith! She is an amazing doctor!!! Spends time with you and explains everything! I take my 3 y.o. daughter to her, I go to her, my husband goes to her and my cousins go to her. We love how patient and understanding she is and listens to your problems. I wish all doctors were like her! I highly recommend her as you can tell...my entire family goes to her! Love her!