Dr. Joseph Aferzon Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Aferzon?

Posted on July 19th, 2016

Dr. Aferzon helped me get back to living a healthy life, pain free.

Artificial disc with fusion surgery- Miracle neurosurgeon!

Posted on April 30th, 2016

He is impossible to get in touch with to make changes to medication or get the appropriate refill on time. He is the best neurosurgeon out there in my opinion! I could not be more grateful for his expertise and talent. He has developed an artificial disc that has rid me of my back pain after over 20 years of suffering. I am so lucky to have been a candidate for that surgery. I gave him 4 stars because of being impossible to get any response from him. I have been unable to get a refill on time, twice now. I just had the 360 fusion, my prescription says take (1) every 6 hours. I see him in 30 days but he only gave me "20 days", says the bottle. . His staff said, there is "nothing they can do, and I had to wait to see him in 12 days." I have the worst nerve pain in my left leg and he never discussed reducing the pain medication. I am taking a very small dose too. Increasing the Gabapentin for nerve pain, which is standard for that medication has not happened yet. I think that would be the most helpful, yet I have to "wait for 12 more days"? It makes no sense to leave people in this much pain, after such an invasive surgery. 3 days without any pain medication may land me in the ER. Now I had to stop my, "walking with a cane" therapy, because it increases the pain in my left leg and foot every step after the first 50 feet. That is the only problem I have with this office. It is frustrating and it should not be happening. We deserve better after care.

Posted on April 13th, 2016

Very thorough doctor. Knowledgeable and caring, really takes his time to explain what is going on.

R.N.

Posted on March 27th, 2016

I fully agree with review of 3/15. My experience was 8 years ago. When I expressed concern about the planned procedure his staff refused to get clarification for me. I cancelled the surgery and walked out.

Posted on August 3rd, 2015

HE SAYS WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO BELIVE THEN LIES. HIS STAFF IS UNPROFESSIONAL LIKE HIM. I AM SORRY I EVER SEE HIM WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. THE ONLY WAY THESE DOCTORS MAKE MONEY IS TO CUT YOU IT IS A SHAME WE PUT OUR TRUST IN THEM,AND NOW LIVE IN PAIN.

Posted on February 17th, 2017