Dr. Yogesh Patel, MD

Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Most compassionate doctor  |  show details
by Jean S. on Dec 12th, 2014

When I visited Dr. Patel, I was in agony with compression fracture on my spine. He put me at ease and explained what to expect for the treatment. He even called me on Sunday for a follow up call and see how I was doing. How many doctors do you know who calls you on Sunday?

Sep 23rd, 2014

I hate that I have to go to a Pain Mgmt Doctor but I appreciate Dr. Patel. I'm a cash paying patient. So far he has taken into consideration what might work for me and my financial situation. My situation is a bit complicated and he understands that my pain is real and has offered options to ease my suffering. He actually listens when I tell him I don't like the side effects and/or if something isn't working. Unlike the Dr. that referred me (that review will not be nice) I believe Dr. Patel cares and understands that chronic pain can suck the life right out you.

|  In a hurry and not receive full attention  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2014

I have seen him several times and he is in a hurry and cuts my visit time in half. Doesn't listen to me and in a rush to see other patients. Big Ego when he brag to be the best!

Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We all here at Coastal Pain Medical Group appreciate any and all feedback both positive and negative as we strive to make improvements in areas that we may fall short. We feel if you are not always trying to make improvements than you are not trying. Please feel to contact me on my personal cell phone so I may better rectify the negative experience you had: Cell: 619-665-5453...Dr. Yogi Patel

|  Finally  |  show details
by Bill Andrews on Aug 31st, 2014

In the past 8 months I have had a complete hip replacement, spine fusion, ear surgery [2x] Additionally, I have a blown right shoulder, on which I should have had surgery at least 5 years ago - AND - I have developed hetero- tropic ossification in my left hip which is a source of chronic pain. Anyway, Dr. Patel has prescribed a pain management process which has allowed me to finally sleep after about 8 months of non-sleep, as well as a pretty stable level of pain I am a very active senior citizen, and still try to surf every day - Thank you! Bill Andrews www.adaywithba.com

|  New to pain management  |  show details
by Mark on Aug 14th, 2014

I seen him today. i was a little nervous. His staff and DR Patel made me feel at ease. I have several things going on in my neck an back. He came up with a great plan for me. I feel better all ready

|  Disabled  |  show details
by Ron Lewis on Mar 8th, 2014

Compassionate, knowledgeable, experienced in his field

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
by Marilyn on Feb 26th, 2014

He got rid of my back pain from a fall 3 years ago by deadening the nerve endings. Great Results .... no more pain!

|  Excellence in Care and Professionlism  |  show details
by Kathleen Brower on Feb 23rd, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Patel since Last Year for a shoulder issue. He was very considerate and really showed me care by listening to my problems. I had an operation and was in ICU for an emergency surgery. After discharge during the Holiday season he I didn't expect any doctor's to be open but he saw me immediatley the day after I was discharged. He really takes care of me and his staff is outstanding with follow throughs on referrals. I would say Dr. Patel is the best pain Doctor and I have seen other Pain Doctor's that do not compare to Dr. Patel. I am so grateful to him and his staff and lucky to have him on my side as a Doctor who is so caring and listen's to my Chronic Issue's that I have see him for. I would refer anyone to him who has any type of pain. His staff is so great and professional. Dr. Patel is excellent in patient care. I give him and his staff 10 stars for every area if they had 10 stars. Thank you Dr. Patel for being a wonderful and caring doctor to me.

|  quality of life  |  show details
by Andrew B. on Jan 23rd, 2014

I limped into Dr. Patel's office after a month and a half of back pain which had left me unable to sleep, walk, sit for only a limited time. I had already gone to the ER and limited relief from morphine plus laudanum. Even in my cranky mood, Dr. Patel was patient, calm, understanding and showed compassion. He explained a plan of care and prescribed me meds that focused more on calming me down in preparation for a series of 3 injections. Although I am aware that my back disc deterioration began 30 yrs ago and is degenerative, I was still pleased with the results of my care. Dr. Patel made it possible to regain quality of life.

|  Best Pain Management Dr Around!  |  show details
by Lauren V. on Aug 23rd, 2013

Dr. Patel is by far one of the best doctors I have ever seen, if not the absolute best. He treats my pain with care and compassion and never dismisses issues like other doctors. He understands the pain and is very compassionate with his patients. I would strongly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone experiencing chronic pain or needs spinal diagnostics. When my condition was diagnosed he called me himself after hours to talk about it. One time I was in the office with really bad pain, right then and there he put me on the table and gave me an injection to ease the pain he then called me that night to see how I was feeling. Honestly, he couldn't be a better physician! I love Dr. Patel and recommend him to anyone I encounter with pain!

|  Dedicated Physician  |  show details
by Rose M Burke on Aug 9th, 2013

Dr. Patel is one of the most concerned and dedicated physicians I have ever dealt with. I have had several pain issues and he has helped me make decisions to improve my overall health. I felt he has been honest and up front with me about what concerns me and has explained in detail what my problems are and the best methods to try and stop the pain. He has called me after hours to check up on me to ask me how I was feeling after a procedure and has given me honest evaluations of what he can do for me. I would definitely refer anyone to Dr. Patel for their pain issues. He is an excellent physician and his office staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. for their pain issues.

|  Creme de la Creme of all doctors  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

Dr. Yogi is by far the best physician I have been to. He makes the patient feel at ease and informs the patient of their diagnosis and treatment so well that you feel like you are as intelligent as the doctor knowing exactly whats wrong with you. He also the most personable physician I have had, he truly make a great effort to know his patients well and give them the best care possible!! highly recommended.

Apr 8th, 2013

I was disappointed after meeting with dr Patel. He didn't address my main concerns. Rather, he tried to up sell a hearing aid device. Not very personable. Will never come back nor recommend to anyone.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry to hear about you experience. Unfortunately, I believe you have mistaken me for another specialist. I am a Pain Medicine Specialist, you maybe referring to a different Dr. Patel, who is an Audiologist.

|  Looks are deceiving  |  show details
by Nancy G. on Mar 1st, 2013

When I first saw Dr, Patel I thought I was looking at a man who just got out of Med. School. However ; I asked him how long he had been practicing and his age. Dr. Patel put me at ease, he has a cute sense of humor. He is very professional and he cares for the well being of his patients. That is an awesome quality. I have many other doctors that do not listen to what I say.. I am so glad my insurance found Coastal Pain and the rest is history

|  Wonderful to work with  |  show details
by Jessica D. on Feb 14th, 2013

Since working with Dr. Patel, he has showed me a side of medicine that I sadly thought was deminishing. He has compassion for his patients on a level that is not seen very much any more. Too many doctors are in and out and don't even remember your name. I am continually amazed by his patience and care for every person that walks through his door. Not only do I enjoy working for him, but I would absolutely recommend him to anyone who would benefit from his services.

|  For excellence in care, compassion, and competence.in pain medicine..  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. Yogesh Patel has been a pleasant (and refreshing) surprise since my wife and I bought a home in San Marcos, California. I have been fortunate in my choice of doctors when I lived in Texas and Alaska, but Dr. Patel (I think he is sometimes dismayed when I call him Yogi) has consistently exceeded all of my expectations in every aspect of the care that he and his staff have given me. He is very knowledgeable, and obviously well trained in his profession - but it is his compassion and his upbeat sense of humor that really impress me! I am pleased to endorse his practice and would refer him without hesitation to anyone who needs a good doctor in the field of pain management.

|  TOP PHYSICIAN! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr. Patel is by far one of the best doctors I have ever had. He is kind and compassionate and he sits with you and listens to you and takes his time with you. He is what all doctors should be. he is very sharp and in my experience knows and understands things that other doctors do not.He has a wonderful demeanor about him, a true healing quality. He also puts very technical terms into everyday words, making it easy for anyone to understand. Its no wonder he has won so many physician awards.

|  Dr Yogesh Petal is amazing!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

I was referred to Dr Petal in April 2012, after suffering from extremely chronic and persistent headaches (nerve damage), as well as neck pain (severe disk impingement) after my brain surgery in September 2011. Dr Petal was the first Dr (out of more than 50) to provide any relief to my pain, which was so bad it had destroyed my quality of life. Dr Petal's office is efficient and friendly. Dr Petal is my health partner. He listens to my issues and concerns and he clearly explains the options. He has fixed serious errors made by my other unresponsive Dr,'s on more than one occasion (my neurologists from another hospital). I think Dr Petal is amazing and I could not imagine working with anyone else on my pain management issues.

|  One of his Patients for 3 years  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

Very personable and knowledgeable Doctor and understands your needs and explains pain and how to manage it thoroughly. Him and his staff are very nice and a joy every time I see them

|  Dr. Patel's a wonderful and caring doctor.  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

I was apprehensive about my the treatment. However, Dr. Patel was kind, caring and gentle. My experience was pretty much painless.

|  BEST DOCTOR EVER  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

I have had chronic back, hip, ankle and knee pain for 7 years due to the need for a knee replacement I was too young to receive. Original diagnosis was at age 45. I have been to many pain doctors over the years to help control these issues. I began seeing Dr. Patel about a year ago. From the beginning his genuine concern for my needs and limitations was unbelievable! On one particular visit I was in so much pain, I was in tears and required an immediate cortisone shot in my foot to relieve a sudden onset of Plantar Fasciitis. Normally another doctor would schedule a later appointment in order to get insurance approval/authorization and make me wait in pain. Not Dr. Patel, his words were, "Let's do it now, this one is on me!", he and his staff stayed on after hours to give me the emergency treatment. I hope he went ahead and billed the insurance anyway, but the point is that payment for services was far down his priority list and my well-being was at the top. More recently, he has handled Prescription problems/insurance coverage on the weekend via email within moments of my contacting him with a problem, (I just received the knee replacement!!) He more than deserves every award he has received. His office staff is prompt, efficient and equally as caring. There are insufficient words to describe what an amazing human being, doctor, advocate, etc. he is. Don't run, (you probably can't anyway) FLY to his office if you are in need of his specialty. God Bless you Dr.Yogesh Patel.

|  Outstanding, caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

I,ve met Dr Patel while was in extreme pain - to take care of me he cancelled his lunch - what a Blessing!!!He is very personally and his "bedside" manners are outstanding.I am very pleased to have met him am looking forward to his continued care for my health.God Bless,Horst G. Burandt

Jul 13th, 2012

The only Doctor I have ben able to communicate with by Email. Accessible and very good at pinpointing the necessary treatment to relieve pain. With inoperable Cervical Osteo Arthritis and severe rotation issues he has been able to

|  Best Doc I've ever seen!  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Patel was a godsend the first time I saw him...while others were brushing me off because I was from out of town, Dr. Patel went out of his way to help me! I was so impressed that, after fate brought me back to California permanently, I sought out Dr. Patel as my regular doctor. I have continued to be impressed. His knowledge, care, and compassion are all tops! I am a VERY satisfied patient!Sincerely,Tom brannon

May 23rd, 2012

Forgets what meds i was taking, doesn't seem interested in my well being.

|  So Grateful for Dr. Patel!  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

I have been treating with Dr. Patel now for about a year. I have Chronic Daily Migraines Retractable to Treatment. Dr. Patel has, from day 1, been a caring and compassionate practitioner who refuses to give up in trying to find ways for me to get relief from my daily migraines. Very intelligent, very thoughtful and highly successful which are adjectives not normally associated with the realm of doctors I treat (or have treated) with. Dr. Patel goes out of his way to educate me, offer suggestions for treatments (outside of his specialty), maintain open dialogue and spend the time needed (whether in his office or the phone) to discuss my treatment.I am in the midst of a pain level 8 migraine right now, so the words and thoughts I am trying to convey are not coming to me as I wish they would.What is 100% clear to me is that Dr. Patel and his entire staff are the best!!

Apr 9th, 2012

Dr. Patel is passionate about his work. He is focused on relieving my pain in the most effective way for ME, taking into consideration my overall health, existing medical issues/medicines, etc. In other words, he asks the right questions and listens carefully so that he understands the broader picture when he recommends treatment for my pain. He has an effective network and willingly confers with other doctors treating me regarding my condition. He prioritizes treatment options based on the needs of the patient and his follow-up is exceptional - personal and often. I have been with other pain specialists but have never had the level of care that Dr. Patel has provided to me. I would strongly recommend him

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

Dr. Patel seems to really care about my pain and is interested in getting rid of it. Unlike a lot of doctors he doesn't judge me for needing the pain medication nor does he make me feel like I am a junky (I really am not) He makes me feel like a human being with a chronic condition that is manageable. I strongly recommend Dr. Patel!!

Mar 1st, 2012

Dr Patel rates above excellant in every aspect. I am an interstate trucker and I never know where I am going to be from one day to the next. Sometimes the most notice I can give the doctor is maybe one day. Yet he never fails to get me in for my epideral shots in my back, even if it means staying after the clinic has closed. I have never had any doctor put himself out like Dr Patel does. The doctor's staff stayed on the insurance company to get the series of shots approved. To say that I'm doing better would be an under statement. When the doctor injects these shots in my back, he is incredibly pain-free and dead on accurate, matched up with his computer's accuracy. I highly recommend Dr Patel. His skills and his gentle touch are to be highly respected and trusted. Mark Karger

|  Gave me hope when I had none  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

I came to Dr. Patel after seeing several other physicians who offered no help or true solution. I was at a total loss as to what treatment direction to go in for my nerve/shoulder problem that seemed to be puzzling so many other physicians. Dr. Patel not only offered me treatment options but gave me a peace of mind where others had not. He associates himself with some very intelligent physicians and sent me to doctors in other fields who assisted in obtaining a correct diagnosis and treatment plans. Dr. Patel took his time and patiently spoke to me over two lengthy phone conversations to ensure I was being properly cared for by the physicians he sent me too as well as acted as a coordinator by speaking to several of my other doctors to ensure everything possible was being done to diagnose my pain. I highly suggest him for any pain related issue. He is intelligent, personable and a wonderful physician.

Oct 24th, 2011

I've been in Pain Management before and Dr. Patel is superb. He really cares and isn't rushed and gives you the time you need. I had to call his office on a weekend and talked to the doctor on call. Later that day, Dr. Patel (not on call) called to see how I was doing. I would definitely recommend him to friends.

|  Excellent, talented, compassionate doctor  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2011

I found Dr. Yogesh V. Patel, M.D., was profoundly interested in curing the ails of his patients. He possesses excellent diagnostic skills, communicates well and invests the time and compassion to thoroughly examine and investigate his patient's case. His bedside manner is incredibly comforting and he does get to the root of the problem. He is a wonderful doctor who helped me a lot.possesses the profound traits of skill, communcation and a deep caring for his patients. He has a genuine

|  Care Fellow  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2010

I saw Dr. Patel at UCSD during his fellowship and found him to be very helpful and he explained my treatment options in great detail and during my injection he gave me extra skin numbing medication as I was very anxious, it was the least pain free injection I have had.