Dr. Yogish Kamath MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 8 reviews

October 20th, 2015
Obliteration
These are the events that transpired during the time that I was a patient of Dr. Kamath's. Dr. Kamath diagnosed me with a condition when others misdiagnosed me (due to a failure to run an MRI). He was very knowledgeable but seemed very concerned about the condition that I had. He took time to display the MRI images and explain my condition to me and what surgical procedures were needed. I asked him if he felt confident performing the surgery. He told me that he did. After the surgery, I felt as if I had been obliterated off the face of the planet. I had extreme pain in my head and neck. I told the nurses that the pain medication in the IV wasn't working, and they told me that I had to ask for pain medication. 2 months later, I told him that I was still experiencing extreme pain. He told me that I could take Tylenol which I told him was not working. The neurologist did prescribe medication for the pain. However, I am disappointed that my pain increased overwhelmingly after the surgery, and they told me that it was scar tissue (I disagree because the pain followed immediately after the surgery). Yes, I signed the form stating that my condition could worsen as a result of surgery; however, I'm not giving up hope. By the grace of God, I choose to continue to live even with the excruciating pain. I pray that some day that God will intervene with a miracle or guide the mind and hands of a specialist to improve my condition. (My pain may have worsened regardless of who performed the surgery.Some people had told me to get a second opinion before I had the surgery, but I didn't.)

October 1st, 2015
Excited Dr. Kamath found my issue wish I would have seen him over the other Physician's because the other two I saw in Wichita did not take the situation as serious as Dr. Kamath.

June 23rd, 2015
fused l 4 & 5. no more pain in legs

January 25th, 2013
This doctor was the WORST doctor i have ever known!!!! He did not care for my husband. The entire time my husband was in ICU not once did he visit and i did not talk to himn but once on the phone (the only reason for that was cause the nurses begged him to). He refused to see me in person. He profiled my husband without ever knowing him. when it came time for a check up visit he decided at the last minute he did not want to see my husband and dropped him as a patient. He had told my husbands job he could not work then refused to sign a release almost costing his job. Would NEVER refer this doctor to even my dying enemy!

July 3rd, 2010
VA doctor is very compassionate and skilled
The wait time for the office visit is normal for Va clinics. I was not too impressed with the PAs I talked to before seeing Dr. Kamath, but once I saw him, I realized that he was very knowledgeable and suggested a way to solve my problem with my VP shunt for hydrocephalus that could no longer drain into the peritoneal cavity.

May 31st, 2010
Dr. Kamath is not only an extremely skilled, caring physician, but also a great teacher.

May 31st, 2010
Dr. Kamath speaks English fluently and is an excellent neurosurgeon with expertise in complicated back cases. He is the best and Wichita Falls is fortunate to have him in town

May 2nd, 2010