Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  ms  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2014

Dr.cestera had a lovely bedside manor, but I was extremely disappointed to find out that she only had sat. office hrs. in my area.Also,as nice as she was I left her office without a diagnosis..She said it wasn't serious.She gave me a prescription. When I went to get it filled I found out that when I went to get it filled the prescription was incompleate.Therected are two pres.in.this catagory and she didn't specify which one.I have called the answering service and they said they would email her and have her call me.But to date , four days later I haven't gotten my pres. straightened out.The drug keeps calling her, as well.It seems no one can reach her now.Iam extremely uncomfortable with my scalp itching /burning.Hopefully I can reach her soon.

Sep 18th, 2011

As a physician myself, I feel I know how to evaluate medical professionalism, and my opinion is that Yolanda Cestero MD qualifies on all counts regarding everything from accurate diagnosis, professional manner and expertise, spending adequate time without creating the sense of hurry, even to the point of providing free samples and followup. Her office is spotlessly clean and the staff competent and courteous.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2011

My acne has a long time problem, but Dr. Cestero has worked miracles. She is a very caring doctor.

Mar 16th, 2011

saw Dr. Yolanda for a rash on my leg. She was not sure what it was so she gave me 4 meds - antifungal, antibiotic, topical steroid. no dianosis, no attempt to may be take a scraping to see what it is, in a diabetic pt.

|  unprofessional to say the least!  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2009

My overall experience was horrible. It was the 1st (and last)time I visited this Dr. I went in for a routine cyst removal/diagnosis, but she recommended injections to flatten them rather than the invasive removal. Well, since I have no medical background myself, before allowing her to inject me, I wanted to ask her a few basic questions (what causes cysts in the 1st place, medicine she's injecting me with, regimen of future injections, etc) but she actually rolled her eyes at me! Midway through my questions she interrupted me with an annoyed and frustrated demeanor and asked "Hey, do you want the injections or not. What you're asking me does not matter." I was just at a loss and couldn't believe the attitude she had. All she said re: the steroid injections was "We know how much to use." At this point I was so shocked/insulted, I opted to not get the injections from her. This visit really made me realize how some Dr.s out there simply view patients like dollar signs that they need to get through as soon as possible.The saga contiues...a few weeks after this visit, because her office staff was incompetent and incorrectly billed my insurance with the wrong name, I received a collections letter in the mail for the full amount of the visit! When I called her office it took a series of calls with administrative people who all had a "I could care less" attitude about resolving this problem that they, themselves, created. What nerve...Oh well, I'm happy to say that I've taken my business, oh wait, I mean my insignificant medical issues, elsewhere.

by bingchenli on Dec 8th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was having severe itchy on my limbs. I thought I was lucky enough to get an appointment on the same day I called. It did not turn out to be that way. The doctor was nice, but did not pay too much attention to what I said about my symptoms. It seemed

Read Full Review at citysearch.com