Dr. Yolanda Heman-Ackah MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2017
Best doctor ever!
A friend referred me to Dr. Heman-Ackah. When I asked my primary what she thought, she said that Dr. Heman-Ackah is an excellent surgeon and a great voice doctor. I went to see her and can't agree more. She has great bedside manner and is very thorough. I was having problems with my voice, which she accurately diagnosed and gave me medications that helped tremendously. I recommend her to all of my friends and highly recommend her to anyone who is having problems with their voice.

October 17th, 2016
The best doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Heman-Ackah for 12 years. She also took are of my wife. Dr. Heman-Ackah is the best doctor I have ever had. She's kind, caring, and an excellent clinician. Her diagnoses are always on point. She's a great surgeon, and my other doctors have commented on how well her patients heal from surgery compared to other ENT's. My primary care doctor and my allergy doctor now send all of their patients who need an ENT to her.

August 30th, 2016
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Dr. Heman-Ackah is an awesome doctor. She's very kind, thoughtful, and an extremely talented surgeon.

August 16th, 2016
the best doctor ever
I am a lyric soprano who started seeing Dr. Heman-Ackah about 10 years ago when I was noted to have nodules on my thyroid gland that were concerning for cancer. Dr. Heman-Ackah took my thyroid gland out, and I was noted to have a papillary thyroid cancer. Everyone says that thyroid surgery can ruin your voice, but Dr. Heman-Ackah is a true surgical expert. I was back singing at the Met 6 weeks after surgery and have been performing opera after opera since then. I am so thankful that I found her and recommend her to all of my friends. The office staff she has now is phenomenal and always responsive to all of my questions and needs. Whenever I need to get in to see Dr. Heman-Ackah, they get me in right away. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Heman-Ackah and her staff.

July 30th, 2016
Best doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Heman-Ackah for 12 years. I had cancer in my throat and had to have my voice box removed. She did my surgery and I am still cancer free. She's a great surgeon, very knowledgeable and very kind. I thank God that I found her when I did. I highly recommend her to anyone with throat cancer or other ENT problems.

July 29th, 2016
compassionate and caring
I have been seeing Dr. Heman-Ackah for 5 years. I first came to her when I was having problems breathing. She took me into her office right away, saw scarring in my airway that was limiting my breathing, and took me immediately to the operating room. She had to cancel the rest of her patients that day to do surgery on me to help me breathe. It is 5 years later now, and I am still breathing well. Anytime I have needed to be seen, her office staff has been very helpful in getting me in right away.

June 11th, 2016
No Compassion
Dr. Heman-Ackah showed little compassion for a senior patient who was a recovering cancer patient and was apparently experiencing breathing problems i ...

January 23rd, 2016
Highly recommend her
I have been seeing Dr. Heman-Ackah since 2003. I am a classical singer and I have a weak vocal cord from a cold virus. It made my voice breathy. She put an implant in to move my vocal cord over. I have been performing nonstop since. She's a great surgeon and a thoughtful and compassionate doctor. I recommend her to all of my friends.

December 14th, 2015
Best voice doctor
I developed hoarseness while rehearsing for the opening of an opera. I am a coloratura soprano and needed to be onstage. Dr. Heman-Ackah diagnosed me with allergies, gave me medicine for it, and got me back onstage for opening night. I am so glad my stage manager suggested that I see her.

December 14th, 2015
I had really intense burning in my throat. My doctor recommended that I see Dr. Heman-Ackah. She diagnosed with me with reflux laryngitis that had caused an ulcer on my vocal cords. Once I began taking the medication she prescribed, the burning went away. I don't know what I would have done without her. I recommend her to all of my friends now.

November 1st, 2015
Dr. Heman-Ackah saved my voice. I am forever grateful.

September 8th, 2015
She's absolutely the best.