Some ratings provided by DrScore. Judy's Book.
Apr 17th, 2015

Very happy with her care.

Top Notch Doc show details Top Notch Doc
Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr. Heman-Ackah is a top notch doctor in every sense of the phrase. She's thorough and takes time to understand and diagnose your problem. She explains everything to you in detail and gives you a written summary to go home, which I find helpful because I often forget some things. She is definitely worth going to see for ENT problems.

Would recommend her to everyone show details Would recommend her to everyone
Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr. Heman-Ackah is a very kind and compassionate doctor. I went to see her after having been misdiagnosed by other ENT's. She listened to me and made sure she understood exactly what my problems were. In the end, she treated my throat problems and they improved. I was recommended to her by a friend and am happy that I saw her. I would recommend her highly to everyone.

Thorough show details Thorough
Dec 5th, 2014

Dr. Heman-Ackah has been taking care of me for 4 years now. I started seeing her for my voice, but come in to see her for all of my ear, nose, and throat problems. She is the most thorough doctor I have ever had, and better than any of the other ENT's on the Main Line.

A really good doctor show details A really good doctor
Nov 29th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Heman-Ackah by a friend who had sinus surgery with her. I have been having a lot of problems with my sinuses, which has been affecting my voice for a while. She was able to diagnose the sinus issue, treat it, and get me back to feeling more like a normal person. It has been 2 years now since my last infection.

Oct 18th, 2014

I went to see Dr. Heman-Ackah when I lost my voice suddenly while singing on stage. A fellow vocalist had had a similar problem in the past and highly recommended that I see her. She was very kind, very patient, and very thorough. She explained my problem to me in detail and helped me to recover so that I was back on stage singing in no time. I am very happy that I saw her and also recommend her highly.

Oct 18th, 2014

Dr. Heman-Ackah is the kindest, gentlest doctor I have ever had. I've been suffering with voice problems for a while. I saw several other ENT's who could not get my voice back. She took the time to listen to me, understand my problem, and accurately diagnose my issue. I'm so happy I saw her. My voice is back, and I'd recommend her highly to anyone with voice problems.

Excellent show details Excellent
Oct 2nd, 2014

She spent more time with me than any previous ENT Doc and she was more thorough.

Dr. Heman-Ackah is the BEST! show details Dr. Heman-Ackah is the BEST!
Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Heman-Ackah is the absolute best. She is very knowledgable and kind. She seeks the best treatment and care for her patients.

Apr 26th, 2013

Dr. Heman-Ackah is a kind and caring doctor who helped me with my sinus and throat problems when the other ENT's could not figure out what was wrong. I am so happy I came to see her.

Finally show details Finally
Sep 14th, 2012

After seeing many ENT's Dr. Heman-Ackah was brilliant enough to correctly diagnose my symptoms! Forever grateful. Respect her deeply.

Aug 24th, 2012

I'm happy I went to see her. She has really helped my singing voice and gotten me back to performing. Before I saw her, I thought my singing career was over. I would recommend her to all singers who are having problems with their voices. She is the best of the best!

Apr 14th, 2012

I've been having problems with my singing voice for a while. I have seen several ENT's and none have been able to help me. Another singer that I know recommended that I see Dr. Heman-Ackah, and I did. She was able to tell me exactly what is wrong and recommended a voice therapist who is helping me improve my singing voice. I am back to performing and am no longer having any of the issues that I had before. I am so happy I came to see her and strongly recommend her to anyone who is having problems with their voice.

finally! show details finally!
Mar 7th, 2012

it took me over a year, but I finally found a doctor who diagnosed my problem, treated it, and solved the problem! I'd seen 4 other doctors and not one of them helped my constant/severe laryngitis until I found Dr. Heman-Ackah. She was very thorough going over both my personal and family history. She diagnosed the problem correctly and put me on the road to recovery. I will be forever greatful to her. JON

Mar 1st, 2012

I've been having problems with my voice for a long time. My singing teacher recommended that I see her. I am glad I did. She has helped me a lot, my voice is back, and I'm singing again.

Jan 17th, 2012

She is very knowledgeable about the singing voice. She helped me back to recovery and back to performing a full-time show schedule.

Nov 14th, 2011

I really like going to see Dr. Heman-Ackah. She is very thorough and listens to me. I leave feeling like all of my problems have been addressed.

Nov 11th, 2011

Dr. Heman-Ackah is an excellent doctor. She has a new style of seeing patients in her new office that allows her to focus on you as a patient without the distractions that were present in her old practice downtown. She is attentive and caring and very accurate with her diagnosis and treatment.

Jul 15th, 2011

The voice staff for Dr Sataloff seems more driven by the need to impress the doctors then the actual care of the patient. Apparently they come from all over the country for a chance to work with these doctors. It must look good on their resume. Their approach to the patients are rather condescending.

Definitely worth the wait show details Definitely worth the wait
Jun 25th, 2011

Dr. Heman-Ackah spends a lot of time going over your problems in detail with you so that she can come up with an accurate diagnosis. After having seen multiple doctors for the same problem, she was the only one who solved it. The wait time is because she spends so much time with patients. She is definitely worth the trip!

Poor interpersonal skills! show details Poor interpersonal skills!
Jun 9th, 2011

Dr. Heman-Ackah came in very highly recommended, however my visit proved otherwise. I will never recommend her services.

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
Jan 15th, 2011

Waited over 90 minutes even though I had the first appt. of the day. When I mentioned it to the doctor she was not apologetic nor did she explain the reason for the delay. During the appt. she was distant, hard to hear and impersonal.

Great Medical School and More.. show details Great Medical School and More..
by Ayesha K. at Judy`sBook on May 26th, 2006 on judysbook.com

UIC Medical Center is a great place to go if you are looking to get medical training. They offer a very competitive program that is hard to get into, but once you are in, you are gauranteed a really good education. The campus is really nice...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
UIC hospital show details UIC hospital
by Oscar Y. at Judy`sBook on Aug 22nd, 2005 on judysbook.com

the UIC hospital is one of the leading university hospitals in chicago. They have huge facilities and talented doctors. However for student care, they are not so great. Their waiting time is long and their doctors for the students are su...

UIC Hospital for student care show details UIC Hospital for student care
by Douglas Y. at Judy`sBook on Aug 9th, 2005 on judysbook.com

I have been to UIC Hospital for a few times for cold and flu symptoms. Just to warn everyone who is on the UIC student insurance plan, do not plan on getting sick after 12, in the evenings or on the weekend, because trying to make a same d...

UIC show details UIC
by Samantha D. at Judy`sBook on Aug 9th, 2005 on judysbook.com

The Department of family medicine at the University of Illinois Medical Center provides high quality, comprehensive health care for people of all ages - infants through adulthood. They provide outstanding care to the diverse student populat...