Dr. Yolanda Holmes MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 26th, 2015
Wonderful visit
I was given an efficient exam without having to wait a long time. I loved doctor Holmes and plan on continuing to see her.

February 8th, 2014
Horrible. She rushes her patients. The wait time in the waiting room and the exam room was two hours and she was only in the room for 3 minutes.

April 17th, 2012
Waste of Time
During my appointment with Dr Holmes, she didn't listen to me explain what my skin issues was before she cut me off and wrote me a prescription and left the office to see the next customer. I still have my skin problem and seeking another doctor. When I mentioned her name to a colleague she told me that I was fortunate to have met Dr Holmes on her first appointment Dr Holmes was too busy to see her. And she never went back.

February 25th, 2012
Overall Okay
Dr Holmes and one PA are okay. I have had no problems with them. The other PAs does not seem very attentive and knowledgeable. You can request to see certain staff to avoid the unhelpful PA. Wait times vary so much. Sometimes it is 10 15 minutes, other times it is much longer. I have been going here for over 5 years now and always request to see Dr. Holmes or the PA who is helpful. Not sure about the cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasion etc since I have only gone in for medical treatments for eczema, rosacea and testing if moles are cancerous.

January 25th, 2012
FIND ANOTHER DERMATOLOGIST!!!
My recomendation is go to another Dermatologist. I should have known something when I was able to make an appointment and be seen the same day. The staff was rude. Lastly, to top things off they have finger printing in the office.

July 13th, 2011
Do NOT go there
I went in to address sun-damage on my face. I never even saw the doctor. Instead, I had two what appeared to be assistants who looked at me and asked a couple of questions and gave me a prescription. The whole process was 5 minutes. They were cold, uncaring, and the prescription didn't work. The support staff at the reception area were unfriendly. The entire office felt like a factory just processing people for a buck. I would NEVER go there and do not recommend anyone waste their money or time there.

May 25th, 2011
Good initial visit
This review is more for what might be Dr. Holmes dermatology practice, and not her, as even though I scheduled an appointment with her, she was not there to see me, I was seen by her colleague. I was taken aback by this somewhat initially, but her colleague seemed to do well to address the reason of my visit and prescribe what seems to be the right medication. Quicker assessment and discussion by this doctor than I would ideally like, but fairly typical for most doctors for an initial visit.Very easy to get an appointment, I had an appointment the day after I called! I was only one of two people in waiting room. I was seen very quickly. Staff was really nice and helpful to me and processed me quickly.

August 9th, 2010
New patient experience
I am impressed. I was scheduled an appointment for the same day. My wait was barely 10 minutes and the staff was very cordial and accommodating. Dr. Holmes was very friendly, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. I need to go back for a procedure and I was able to schedule for the following week (which is unheard of in D.C.). I will certainly be recommending her to my colleagues and friends.

March 23rd, 2010
Office visit just OK
I've been a patient for several years now. The wait has become longer and longer over the years to an unacceptable point. Additionally, there is a sign that reads that the doctor can only deal with two medical issues at a time due to insurance regulations. I think that is ridiculous since I'd like to be seen based on everything that is going on at the time related to dermatology. I feel like the sign is posted to rush people out because there are always a lot of patients. That's not our fault that the appointments are over-booked. I wish they would consider a reasonable amount of time between patients so that we don't have to wait as long.

January 29th, 2010
not recommended
I absolutely do not recommend Dr. Holmes. In my opinion, she does not take the time to get to know her patients or inform them properly about treatments/procedures. As a result of both of these two things, I have been left with a large, ugly scar in a very visible area, which has now been been there well over a year after she told me it would heal in no more than six weeks.

January 19th, 2010
Just Ok
My experience was just ok. The doctor seemed as though she wanted to rush out of my appointment, but I can understand that as there were a lot of patients waiting. What I do not appreciate is my prescription not being called in after I left. When I called on Tuesday the staff were no helpful at all. What can you do?

August 3rd, 2016