Internists

3620 W Pioneer Dr
Ste 107
Irving, TX 75061
972-870-0028
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Terrible  |  show details
by Son on Aug 15th, 2014

I still don't understand why this doctor won't hire a new front desk person, everybody is complaining but he just wouldn't listen. So I give up now, will join others who left already.

|  Unethical  |  show details
by H.P. on Jun 22nd, 2014

After several years of being my primary care doctor, he suddenly decided to ditch me just because I got medicare. I can't believe he did this to me and feels completely betrayed.

|  found another doctor  |  show details
by Song J on Apr 18th, 2014

used to come here but not anymore. I have to say everything has gotten worse over the past couple years, may be since he joined a group. I hope he reads the online reviews and think about hiring new people. unfriendly office staff, unskilled nurses, and long wait time. disappointed every time I come and finally moved over to another doc.

Sep 11th, 2013

We were looking for a pcp when we found dr chang. In the midst of seeing him as well as seeing pain management doctors he told us he could take care of our pain as well. So we started seeing him exclusively. We were his patients for 2 years. Then a scare with the DEA caused him to stop doing our pain management. Understandable, however after 2 years of prescribing my husband and myself physically addictive pain medication he has DISMISSED us. I was given a "whole" month to find not only a new pcp but another pain doctor. I had back surgery and have cronic pain. My husband is another story. He is a leukemia survivor which due to bone marrow tests and various other things left over from the treatments he has cronic pain throughout his body. Dr Chang not only dismissed him but refused to see him for his last appointment and fill his prescriptions until he finds another doctor which we are trying to do. They are also refusing to send the necessary referals and records needed to get in to another doctor! What are we to do? How can a doctor who has taken an oath do this to anyone much less his patient for 2 years. 2 days before he was to see him chang had his nurse call and tell him he would not see him. I am so disgusted with the way this has been handled that I would not recommend this practice to my worst enemy. This doctor has literally caused my husband to be sick and we can only hope he will be able to function.

|  frustrating  |  show details
by JYK on Aug 10th, 2013

Eveything has gone downhill. I really wish he could just focus on one office. Can't get in when I'm sick, I guess he is too busy. What's the point of having a primary care doctor if you can be seen when you are in need?

May 28th, 2013

The office staff is friendly once you get to know them. The doctor is also very good and skilled

|  Gone downhill  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2013

too much wait for everything... appointment, scheduling, meds... looks like doing business rather than service and the results are very poor.

|  Terrible Office Staffs  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

I will never go back to this office. Doctor Chang is pretty nice but office staffs got terrible manner and very rude. I have heard that a lot from other people in the church or local places. Even though doctor has good manner and skill, I never want to go back to this place cause of staffs' rudeness & disrespectful behaviors.

|  FANTASTIC DOCTOR... NEW [2011] AMC OFFICE STINKS  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2011

Dr. Yong Chang is a great physician and really does listen to you. I have been seeing him for years & he has kept me in good health. Dr. Chang is extremely nice and enjoys his work. At the beginning of 2011, Dr. Chang changed offices. After a couple of visits, it was clear that the new office is not near as efficient or friendly as his old office. I now go to Dr. Chang's other office in Irving. Since transferring from the new [2011] Arlington Medical Clinic to the Livingstone Medical Clinic, everything is great & back to normal!The Irving office is very small and the staff is extremely friendly. I usually can arrange an appointment for the next day, & there is virtually no waiting time. If you have been to the fancy new Arlington office, the Irving office will remind you more of his old office. The main difference is that the Irving office caters more to a Korean audience & Dr. Chang is the only doctor - it remains a private practice.

|  Finally!! HOPE!  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Long story short I have struggled for almost ten years with a host of debilitating symptoms.I have seen seven different specialists.I felt depressed, exhausted, hopeless angry no one could get to the bottom of my issue. Within 20 minutes Dr Chang had me not only properly diagnosed (Fibromyalgia)on a course of treatment that is relevant and up to date.THANK YOU!!!! I am so happy I found you!

Dec 6th, 2010

Doctor Yong Chang has been my physician since I came to Texas in 1989 - I was 33, he was 26 years old - He has really grown to a fine doctor and I trust him fully - He's caring to the point you feel he's your father as well as your doctor - He warned me of not taking certain medication to control my diabetes and I didn't pay attention and had a "mild" stroke - when he came to my bedside in the hospital the day of my stroke, he gave me such a look and I knew right off what he was thinking - "he was upset with me for not following his orders"...he cares, he really does and I wouldn't switch going to another doctor unless something happened to Dr. Chang --

Jul 16th, 2010

Dr. Chang was a good doctor before he joined the group he's in now. His office now runs like a machine.

Jul 6th, 2010

The Doctor is great and is very friendly when he is not overloaded with patients. The staff are rude and you won't get a call back if you leave your info. My pharmacy has trouble getting a call back on medication refills. His newest location SUCKS!!! He is good, but he really really needs to restaff.

|  front desk  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2010

rudeness of front staff

|  NO EMERGENCY WORKING NUMBERS - AWFUL FRONT OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

LONG TERM PATIENT...DR. CHANG IS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS YOU CAN SEE, IF YOU GET TO SEE HIM. YOU WILL WAIT AT LEAST 3 HOURS PAST YOUR APPT. TIME TO SEE HIM. FRONT DESK STAFF (YOUNG GIRLS) ARE RUDE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THEY DISCLOSE YOUR MEDICAL CONDITIONS LOUDLY SO ALL CAN HEAR IN THE WAITING ROOM. NO PRIVACY OF WHY YOU ARE SEEING DOCTOR. THEY ALSO DO NOT GET YOUR MESSAGES BACK TO DR. CHANG. WHEN HE WAS ON RITA LN. IT WAS GREAT, ALL RAN SMOOTH, BUT THIS OFFICE IS A NIGHTMARE. MANY OF MY REFERRALS/FRIENDS HAVE STOPPED GOING TO DR. CHANG BECAUSE OF THE MANY REASONS ABOVE. BEEN TO EMERGENCY TWICE AND THEY COULD NOT GET A CALL BACK FROM DR. CHANG. SO IF YOUR IN REAL TROUBLE, GOOD LUCK ON GETTING A CALL FROM HIM OR HIS OFFICE. WHAT A SHAME, SINCE DR. CHANG IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. I'LL BE CHANGING PRIMARY DOCTORS SOON. THE STRESS OF WAITING CAUSES MORE HEALTH PROBLEMS FOR YOU. IF YOU HAVE MINOR PROBLEMS, YOU'LL SURVIVE. IF YOU HAVE MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS-DISABLED YOU WILL NOT. STRESS CAUSES HEART ATTACKS-STROKES-MANY HEALTH PROBLEMS...DO YOU WANT TO RISK IT?!

|  Good primary doctor  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

I have been Dr. Chang's patient for 14 years and he is a wonderful doctor. He is attentive to your possible needs for a specialist and knows when he can't handle your problem and you need to see someone else. I like that. He caught a really severe problem in me 5 years ago and possibly saved my life. And, as long as you keep up your checkups, he will help you over the phone.HollyArlington, TX

|  Long-time Dr  |  show details
by Angel on Sep 17th, 2009

The best doctor to see, but expect to wait 1-2 hours in the waiting/exam room.Major problems with how his appointments are scheduled. All are scheduled within 15 mins. apart. So imagine if he's behind, which is always the case. His appts. need to be at least 30 mins. apart. Like I said, the best to see, but you will suffer in waiting/exam room. Twice I was left in exam room for over an hour and had to come out and ask where is Dr. Chang and was told there were still 3 other patients in exams rooms he still had to see before me. I left, could not take the pain any longer. This was at his newer office on Matlock. No problems when he was on Rita Ln. New office, not good!!

|  Terrific Doctor / Frustrating Office Staff  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2009

I completely recommend Dr. Chang. He is a very caring physician and a very smart one. When at all possible, he will try a conservative approach first before recommending more drastic treatments. The only problem I have encountered is with his office staff - the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. They have forgotten to enter my appointment into the computer and when I gave them the card where they had written my appointment, they did work me into the doctor's schedule but I have to wait over an hour to compensate for their mistake. 30 minutes waits are routine. However, because I really like and respect Dr. Chang nad believe that I obtain excellent medical care from him, I tolerate his office staff and their marginal competency.