Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Hope you listen show details Hope you listen
by J. Lee on May 9th, 2015

It's good to see that Dr. Chang's office cares about the feedback, that's an improvement. I know he's a good guy, he's got better staff and all, but he needs to do something about his wife, incredibly condescending and judgmental. Please get an honest opinion from your patients and take action. She shouldn't be at the front office.

Pro Dr. Chang show details Pro Dr. Chang
by Harshaw Family of 4 on May 6th, 2015

DR Changs been our famiy doctor for at least 10 years. This doctor has been concern caring and dedicated to our heath and recovery. We refuse to leave Dr. Chang.....he is excellent. Even if we don't care for the staff. He is worth going through the mess

Charges too much show details Charges too much
May 2nd, 2015

Bills after Bills, I'm tired of receiving statements from this doctors office, never had to pay this much with my previous doctor who retired a year ago.

An Incredible Doctor, an Incredible Man! show details An Incredible Doctor, an Incredible Man!
by Natalie Jessup on Apr 15th, 2015

Glad that he is no longer part of Texas Health ! :)

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
by Kathy on Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr. CHANG IS the best. I've been going to him for 20 years. He listens and cares.

by Kathy on Feb 24th, 2015

Dr. CHANG IS AN EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN. I'VE BEEN GOING TO HIM FOR OVER 15 YEARS, THE BEST!!!

Dr. Chang exceptional doctor show details Dr. Chang exceptional doctor
by Cindy & Jack Kasper on Jan 30th, 2015

The Kasper Family have been patients of Dr. Chang since 1996, and we have thoroughly enjoyed his services. He always takes the time to answer all of our questions.

Carrollton office show details Carrollton office
by Lee, H on Jan 16th, 2015

The new building is nice and clean but the good ends there. Terrible attitude and ignorance of the front staff, waiting was more than an hour, and when I called regarding my bill (which they managed to screw up), I never got called back from anyone. If I were you, I would go somewhere else. I wish I had, because the hassle is simply not worth it.

Terrible show details Terrible
by Son on Aug 15th, 2014

I still don't understand why this doctor won't hire a new front desk person, everybody is complaining but he just wouldn't listen. So I give up now, will join others who left already.

Doctor's Response

We currently have all new staff from the Practice Manager, Medical Assistant and Front Desk staff.

Unethical show details Unethical
by H.P. on Jun 22nd, 2014

After several years of being my primary care doctor, he suddenly decided to ditch me just because I got medicare. I can't believe he did this to me and feels completely betrayed.

Doctor's Response

We have always taken Medicare and still continue to do so, In June after leaving Texas Health we were in the process of getting a contract with Medicare so were not contracted until October. We currently accept and plan to continue to take Medicare.

found another doctor show details found another doctor
by Song J on Apr 18th, 2014

used to come here but not anymore. I have to say everything has gotten worse over the past couple years, may be since he joined a group. I hope he reads the online reviews and think about hiring new people. unfriendly office staff, unskilled nurses, and long wait time. disappointed every time I come and finally moved over to another doc.

frustrating show details frustrating
by JYK on Aug 10th, 2013

Eveything has gone downhill. I really wish he could just focus on one office. Can't get in when I'm sick, I guess he is too busy. What's the point of having a primary care doctor if you can be seen when you are in need?

May 28th, 2013

The office staff is friendly once you get to know them. The doctor is also very good and skilled

Gone downhill show details Gone downhill
Apr 20th, 2013

too much wait for everything... appointment, scheduling, meds... looks like doing business rather than service and the results are very poor.

Terrible Office Staffs show details Terrible Office Staffs
Nov 10th, 2011

I will never go back to this office. Doctor Chang is pretty nice but office staffs got terrible manner and very rude. I have heard that a lot from other people in the church or local places. Even though doctor has good manner and skill, I never want to go back to this place cause of staffs' rudeness & disrespectful behaviors.

FANTASTIC DOCTOR... NEW [2011] AMC OFFICE STINKS show details FANTASTIC DOCTOR... NEW [2011] AMC OFFICE STINKS
Aug 17th, 2011

Dr. Yong Chang is a great physician and really does listen to you. I have been seeing him for years & he has kept me in good health. Dr. Chang is extremely nice and enjoys his work. At the beginning of 2011, Dr. Chang changed offices. After a couple of visits, it was clear that the new office is not near as efficient or friendly as his old office. I now go to Dr. Chang's other office in Irving. Since transferring from the new [2011] Arlington Medical Clinic to the Livingstone Medical Clinic, everything is great & back to normal!The Irving office is very small and the staff is extremely friendly. I usually can arrange an appointment for the next day, & there is virtually no waiting time. If you have been to the fancy new Arlington office, the Irving office will remind you more of his old office. The main difference is that the Irving office caters more to a Korean audience & Dr. Chang is the only doctor - it remains a private practice.

Finally!! HOPE! show details Finally!! HOPE!
May 25th, 2011

Long story short I have struggled for almost ten years with a host of debilitating symptoms.I have seen seven different specialists.I felt depressed, exhausted, hopeless angry no one could get to the bottom of my issue. Within 20 minutes Dr Chang had me not only properly diagnosed (Fibromyalgia)on a course of treatment that is relevant and up to date.THANK YOU!!!! I am so happy I found you!

Very Bad First Experience show details Very Bad First Experience
by Anonymous on Apr 4th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

They have an excessing and redundant amount of forms to fill out. A lot of questions asked about my medical history that Dr. Chang never read before c ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Dec 6th, 2010

Doctor Yong Chang has been my physician since I came to Texas in 1989 - I was 33, he was 26 years old - He has really grown to a fine doctor and I trust him fully - He's caring to the point you feel he's your father as well as your doctor - He warned me of not taking certain medication to control my diabetes and I didn't pay attention and had a "mild" stroke - when he came to my bedside in the hospital the day of my stroke, he gave me such a look and I knew right off what he was thinking - "he was upset with me for not following his orders"...he cares, he really does and I wouldn't switch going to another doctor unless something happened to Dr. Chang --

Jul 16th, 2010

Dr. Chang was a good doctor before he joined the group he's in now. His office now runs like a machine.

Jul 6th, 2010

The Doctor is great and is very friendly when he is not overloaded with patients. The staff are rude and you won't get a call back if you leave your info. My pharmacy has trouble getting a call back on medication refills. His newest location SUCKS!!! He is good, but he really really needs to restaff.

front desk show details front desk
Apr 12th, 2010

rudeness of front staff

NO EMERGENCY WORKING NUMBERS - AWFUL FRONT OFFICE STAFF show details NO EMERGENCY WORKING NUMBERS - AWFUL FRONT OFFICE STAFF
Apr 5th, 2010

LONG TERM PATIENT...DR. CHANG IS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS YOU CAN SEE, IF YOU GET TO SEE HIM. YOU WILL WAIT AT LEAST 3 HOURS PAST YOUR APPT. TIME TO SEE HIM. FRONT DESK STAFF (YOUNG GIRLS) ARE RUDE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THEY DISCLOSE YOUR MEDICAL CONDITIONS LOUDLY SO ALL CAN HEAR IN THE WAITING ROOM. NO PRIVACY OF WHY YOU ARE SEEING DOCTOR. THEY ALSO DO NOT GET YOUR MESSAGES BACK TO DR. CHANG. WHEN HE WAS ON RITA LN. IT WAS GREAT, ALL RAN SMOOTH, BUT THIS OFFICE IS A NIGHTMARE. MANY OF MY REFERRALS/FRIENDS HAVE STOPPED GOING TO DR. CHANG BECAUSE OF THE MANY REASONS ABOVE. BEEN TO EMERGENCY TWICE AND THEY COULD NOT GET A CALL BACK FROM DR. CHANG. SO IF YOUR IN REAL TROUBLE, GOOD LUCK ON GETTING A CALL FROM HIM OR HIS OFFICE. WHAT A SHAME, SINCE DR. CHANG IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. I'LL BE CHANGING PRIMARY DOCTORS SOON. THE STRESS OF WAITING CAUSES MORE HEALTH PROBLEMS FOR YOU. IF YOU HAVE MINOR PROBLEMS, YOU'LL SURVIVE. IF YOU HAVE MAJOR HEALTH PROBLEMS-DISABLED YOU WILL NOT. STRESS CAUSES HEART ATTACKS-STROKES-MANY HEALTH PROBLEMS...DO YOU WANT TO RISK IT?!

NO WORKING EMERGENCY NO. - AWFUL FRONT OFFICE STAFF show details NO WORKING EMERGENCY NO. - AWFUL FRONT OFFICE STAFF
by Anonymous on Apr 5th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Good primary doctor show details Good primary doctor
Oct 14th, 2009

I have been Dr. Chang's patient for 14 years and he is a wonderful doctor. He is attentive to your possible needs for a specialist and knows when he can't handle your problem and you need to see someone else. I like that. He caught a really severe problem in me 5 years ago and possibly saved my life. And, as long as you keep up your checkups, he will help you over the phone.HollyArlington, TX

Long-time Dr show details Long-time Dr
by Angel on Sep 17th, 2009

The best doctor to see, but expect to wait 1-2 hours in the waiting/exam room.Major problems with how his appointments are scheduled. All are scheduled within 15 mins. apart. So imagine if he's behind, which is always the case. His appts. need to be at least 30 mins. apart. Like I said, the best to see, but you will suffer in waiting/exam room. Twice I was left in exam room for over an hour and had to come out and ask where is Dr. Chang and was told there were still 3 other patients in exams rooms he still had to see before me. I left, could not take the pain any longer. This was at his newer office on Matlock. No problems when he was on Rita Ln. New office, not good!!

Terrific Doctor / Frustrating Office Staff show details Terrific Doctor / Frustrating Office Staff
Aug 11th, 2009

I completely recommend Dr. Chang. He is a very caring physician and a very smart one. When at all possible, he will try a conservative approach first before recommending more drastic treatments. The only problem I have encountered is with his office staff - the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. They have forgotten to enter my appointment into the computer and when I gave them the card where they had written my appointment, they did work me into the doctor's schedule but I have to wait over an hour to compensate for their mistake. 30 minutes waits are routine. However, because I really like and respect Dr. Chang nad believe that I obtain excellent medical care from him, I tolerate his office staff and their marginal competency.